• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just HAD to share...

36 posts in this topic

Last week we had a couple threads talking about bad submission days. I'm sure someone won't mind posting the links... During that discussion I mentioned there was a worse submission day out there and that I had placed snipes on several of them. My good buddy kahml was kind enough to "out" my finds for everyone to see... tongue.gif

I exchanged several PM's with forumites about the auctions, and why I planned to bid on 20c Iron Mans in CGC 1.8 to 3.0...

Fast forward to March 8th... I log in briefly to see how the auctions are turning out and see that my bids of $8.51-8.59 won't be winning any of the items. I do a little confused-smiley-013.gif and go to bed. I wake up sick and I don't return to my computer in any real capacity until yesterday.

Fast forward to today... I am going through my emails confirming the various eBay sales I made and start sifting through the mail that doesn't meet any of my "answer now" filters.

I come across this email, sent on the night of the 8th, after about half the auctions had closed...

Subject: What the hell are you doing?

--------------------

To member:   lighthouse_comics

From member: user-patrol

--------------------

why the hell did u bid up all of those iron man auctions?

you knew what my bid was for all of them and you went ahead and bid just to

raise the price?

why would you do such a thing?

that is messed up man.

--------------------

Followed about an hour later by this email:

Subject: Why the hell did you do that?

--------------------

--------------------

why did u bid 8.50 for every single comic when you hadnt won any of them

before???

why??

u knew that 8.50 wasnt gonna win, and all u did was raise the price for me?

--------------------

I read those two a few minutes ago and did another confused-smiley-013.gif ....

Then I scroll forward a day to find THIS email sent on the 9th:

(apparently a copy of his message to the seller)

--------------------

--------------------

I thought you might like to see this...

To Whom It May Concern,

I am deeply trouble and saddened to inform you of a certain set of unfortunate

events that took place last night on eBay.  I had gone through and bid $10.01

for approximately 30 of your CGC graded Iron Man comic books. 

I was the high bidder on all of your comics except for two (2), but what

transpired next is truly apalling.

A bidder by the name of 'lighthouse_comics' went through and bid on each and

every of your comic books as well.  This user went through and PURPOSELY bid at

around $8.50-$9.00.  I could understand that for the first couple, or even few,

bids this user was unaware of what my bid was.  But what amazes me is that this

user went through and bid the same amount for all 30 auctions, WITH THE FULL

KNOWLEDGE THAT HE/SHE WAS NOT BIDDING ENOUGH TO BECOME THE HIGH BIDDER!  AND

THIS PERSON WAITED FOR THE LAST POSSIBLE MINUTE TO BID, SO IT'S NOT LIKE HE HAD

BIDDED WAY IN ADVANCE!

All this user was able to do was raise the prices of the auctions for me, as

there were no other bids placed after mine from other than this one individual.

I have no idea why this person would want to raise the price for me.  After 5 or

10 this person would have realized that $8.50 was not enough to win the

auctions, but he continue to bid that same amount, KNOWING FULL WELL THAT I HAD

BID MORE AND WAS THUS PURPOSELY RAISING THE PRICES for me.

I have no idea why someone would do this.

So it is with great regret that I must inform you that I cannot purchase these

items from you at the final bidding price due to the injustices that have

transpired.  I would be more  than happy to purchase the items at the price they

would have ended at had this user NOT CHOSEN TO RUIN me.

Please feel free to look at the auctions and bid history and you will see what I

mean.  It is clearly a case of one user simply trying to "screw" another one.

Thank you for your understanding.

--------------------

I hereby submit a hale and hearty:

WTF???

I'm still laughing about this... I started as soon as I got to the "deeply troubled", laughed all the way through my reply to him, and am still laughing now as I type this post... foreheadslap.gif

Wanna take bets on how quickly 10 forumites add this fine eBayer to their "blocked bidders list"?

Still 27_laughing.gif

'House

Troll his bids and bid the same amount for all the auctions that he is bidding on! cool.gif

Seriously I am STILL laughing... I may break a rib if I keep this up... tongue.gif

Here's my email reply:

Okay, this may rank as the most unusual email I have ever received from an eBay member...

I had no clue what your bids were on any of these items. I found the auctions five days before they closed and preset my snipes using auctionsniper.com. I wasn't even in town when the auctions closed. All my bids were preset five full days in advance. I didn't even find out I didn't win them until I got back in town on Friday...

You honestly think I sat at my computer for an hour placing all my bids 10 seconds before the auctions closed???? I don't have that kind of free time. When I find auctions I am interested in, I decide what I am willing to pay and I have auctionsniper place my bid just before the close of the auction. Sometimes that's later the same night, sometimes it's five or six days later.

I don't know what your final situation with the seller was, but you have a binding contract to purchase all the items you won from him. I suggest you honor it.

Funny thing is, I contacted the seller TWICE while the auctions were running because I wanted to confirm the shipping charges if I won 15 or 20 of these books. No sense paying $10 a piece for a book only to find out it costs an extra $18 in shipping. So when the seller got this message, he knew I already planned to bid... foreheadslap.gif

27_laughing.gif Clearly this worldly soul should stay away from ebay - obviously he believes he should be the only one entitled to bid on auctions he's after.

So has the seller come back to you with a second chance offer for those books?

I wish... I'd be happy to buy them at the $8.50 price... cloud9.gif

The seller primarily deals in coins and has a ton of feedback, so I imagine they won't even respond to his complaint and he'll get 30 negs for his effort...

What a insufficiently_thoughtful_person. I love how he states that you bidding such high amounts have "ruined me!", and due to this zany notion of bidding on EBay, he's no longer going to pay for the comics.

I hope you fired off an email to the seller, just to make sure you'd pay more than this chump's obvious lowball attempt?

Someone take the training wheels off the user-patrol eBay account prematurely? confused-smiley-013.gif

I think my favorite part is when he suggests that he would have been fine had I "NOT CHOSEN TO RUIN" him... foreheadslap.gif

I can't make this [!@#%^&^] up... I really can't... Every time I think I have seen the eBay loser of the year, a new candidate charges to the front..

All I can think of is this knucklehead has no life. I think your e-mail was a lot more gracious then mine would have been and I consider myself pretty level-headed. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I think laughing it off is the way to go, and this guy is some type of loser if he screws over the seller like it appears he will do 893censored-thumb.gif

's funny, but I deliberately checked on the status of these auctions (only 'cause I felt bad about "finding and announcing them") and simply could not believe that this little upstart had the audacity to win ALL of them!

Now I'm splitting my gut laughing at how preposterous he sounds.

The thing is: user-patrol has been an eBay member for more than a year and has both bought and sold items. Despite that, I don' think he has enough experience to know what sniping is (nor that there is software that lets you do it).

Takes all kinds...

Larry

lol That's some of the funniest stuff I've read in a long time. You Lighthouse are a cruel, evil, heartless [!@#%^&^]!!!! 27_laughing.gif

You know, when kahml first contacted me asking why I was planning to bid on them, I gave him a nice reasoned explanation of the value of having low grade slabs for comparison grading...

Who knew that the real payoff of me placing all those snipes would be a trip through this guy's warped sense of reality? cloud9.gif

I think my bidding proved to be well worth it... And it didn't cost me a dime... smile.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I feel for you 'House, but you have given us all a good laugh. What a lamer this guy is. I would suggest he makes all future purchases down at his local LCS where he will know well in advance that the prices will 'ruin him'. grin.giftongue.gif

Its not too late to nominate this for 'thread of the year'... 893scratchchin-thumb.gifgrin.gif

You are a sicko lighthouse ...please refrain from placing bids on any my auctions that others are either bidding on or are at least thinking about bidding on. 893naughty-thumb.gif

You've got some stones thrill bidding and raising the prices on some guys auctions you don't know. Now you have cost this seller a lot of time, energy, and money due to your cruel acts. foreheadslap.gif

I for one will steer clear from the likes of you on Ebay!!!!! 893whatthe.gif

What's next, bidding up an Item to just over the reserve and then retracting your bids devil.gif

What's next, bidding up an Item to just over the reserve and then retracting your bids devil.gif

Nope... Next I am ordering a pizza... sumo.gif The wife is in Seattle until Wednesday at her annual conference so I don't have to be an "Atkins-friendly spouse" today.... cloud9.gif

Party at the House of 'House!