• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is a first print graphic novel worth????

38 posts in this topic

This is a different question but...

Do certain Omnibus or Marvel Masterworks go up in value after they are out of print?

Such as I heard that Diamond only made a certain number of Iron Man 1 Omnibus (issues TOS 39-82). If it is out of print would the price go up and is there evidence that other Omnibus' have gone up in value?

I heard that Marvel is discontinuing the Masterwork books. Would those increase in value?

If demand outweighs supply once they are out of print, then invariably yes.

Sure, makes sense but has there been any omnibus' that have increased in value?

Do certain Omnibus or Marvel Masterworks go up in value after they are out of print?

Such as I heard that Diamond only made a certain number of Iron Man 1 Omnibus (issues TOS 39-82). If it is out of print would the price go up and is there evidence that other Omnibus' have gone up in value?

I heard that Marvel is discontinuing the Masterwork books. Would those increase in value?

First Print of FF Omnibus Vol 1 was selling for upwards of $200 when it went out of print.

Absolute League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Vol 1. Is a $250-350 book now and long since out of print.

First Print of FF Omnibus Vol 1 was selling for upwards of $200 when it went out of print.

Absolute League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Vol 1. Is a $250-350 book now and long since out of print.

Thanks!

I sold my first print TMNT trades for about $40 each. Replaced one for three dollars (reprint) and got another off paperback swap.com (trade for used softcover novel, reprint). There are plenty of cases where a trade/gn sell for a premium in first print.

I heard that Marvel is discontinuing the Masterwork books.

Can anyone confirm this?

I heard this today from a comic shop in Bethesda. He had all of them slashed at 50% off. I bought the Hulk Masterworks 1 and I'm reading it now. Great stuff!

Can anyone confirm this?

I heard this today from a comic shop in Bethesda. He had all of them slashed at 50% off.

Hopefully it's not true. I enjoy the old material in that format.

I can see them being quite collectible if Marvel lets them go OOP, like they did in the late 90s.

I nthink another important factor is whether the GN contains original material.

There are a few reprint GN's that demand a premium for the first print DRK, Watchmen? and a few others i am sure...

Can anyone confirm this?

I heard this today from a comic shop in Bethesda. He had all of them slashed at 50% off. I bought the Hulk Masterworks 1 and I'm reading it now. Great stuff!

Really??? Hulk Masterworks!!! I've got the TPB and think it's some of the worst stuff ever.

FF Omnibus Volume 1 did sell for $200 when it was out of print, but NOW that they have done another printing I've seen it sell for $30-$50 regardless if it's 1st or 2nd print.

The questions asks if a 1st print is worth more.

Of course it is worth more if they don't make anymore of em, but if there are other prinitngs price will come way down.

My example is the FF Omnibus I mentioned above.

As far as first prints of reprinted material, my experience is that they don't maintain any value over later printings unless the book is OOP. As it turns out, some later printings, such as the Bendis Daredevil hardcovers, the later printings have additional material. Plus, some later printings have better reproduction.

As a long time first edition book collector, I for one still hunt down first printings of anything I buy (although, I guess if you think about it, the "floppie" is actually the first first print, but whatever). It's just the collector in me. I want that first print, even if the collectibility or the possibility of the book increasing in value is low.

Can anyone confirm this?

Really??? Hulk Masterworks!!! I've got the TPB and think it's some of the worst stuff ever.

TPB? Sorry don't know that acronym. Probably obvious though...

Are you referring to the way the reprint looks or the story. I've never read through Hulk 1-6 before so reading 1-2 last night were fun. I thumbed through 3-6 and the stories seemed to go with a lot of outer space stuff. But, hey, it's Hulk 1-6....what's so bad about it? hm

Can anyone confirm this?

TPB? Sorry don't know that acronym. Probably obvious though...

Are you referring to the way the reprint looks or the story. I've never read through Hulk 1-6 before so reading 1-2 last night were fun. I thumbed through 3-6 and the stories seemed to go with a lot of outer space stuff. But, hey, it's Hulk 1-6....what's so bad about it? hm

TPB=Trade Paperback

and I agree about Hulk Masterworks being bad.

TPB=Trade Paperback

and I agree about Hulk Masterworks being bad.

I like it.

Of course, I have the bias of remembering it fondly from reading the material in one of those old late-70s Marvel paperbacks when I was on summer holidays.