• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AOL!!!!

15 posts in this topic

Does anyone else have AOL!? I am glad that they are cleaning up on the spam mail, but these F'ing pop-ups are driving me insane!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gif Anyone know how to get rid of them????? 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

Are you referring to web site pop-ups - or to "sales" messages to a member?

When I set up my girl friend's father's machine a few weeks ago, I was astonished with the latter. AOL support had me disable a Windows XP function that stopped them from showing up.

PITA...

"*Your free 720 hours must be used within the 30-day trial period. Hours cannot be carried over. Simply cancel your trial before the 30 days end, in order to avoid a monthly charge.

BROADBAND ACCESS COMING SOON!"

$20 is too much for dial-up

Type in Pop-up or Pop-up blocker or something like that in their KEYWORD search. They have a box when you can cancel the pop-ups!

I think that might work...thanks!! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

And if it dont, then I will use the Spidey ISP!! thumbsup2.gif thanks Dl!

Are you referring to web site pop-ups - or to "sales" messages to a member?

When I set up my girl friend's father's machine a few weeks ago, I was astonished with the latter. AOL support had me disable a Windows XP function that stopped them from showing up.

PITA...

AOL uses the built-in Windows Messenger service for sales pitches? That's foul. I hate them.

How to turn off Windows Messenger Service

The only reason I went with them is because I got three free months from them... after that, well.... confused-smiley-013.gif

either way it gets expensive! makepoint.gif night all!! sleeping.gif

"*Your free 720 hours must be used within the 30-day trial period. Hours cannot be carried over. Simply cancel your trial before the 30 days end, in order to avoid a monthly charge.

720 hours is 30 days.. No way to use it all up