• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does mycomicshop care?

74 posts in this topic

In my experience Conan is all smoke and mirrors. He will pop in a thread when they are being bashed enough but then privately he does nothing. He told me publicly that he would help resolve an issue and told people how he was helping me, then privately said he doesn't handle any of the day to day stuff and couldn't help at all...

Like I said they do such a large number of sales that they just can't be bothered with good customer service or proper grading. The also consider anyone on the CGC board "grade snobs" and have said before that they would rather us just not buy their books because most boardies expect NM when we buy NM... (tsk)

:censored: MCS & :censored: Conan (thumbs u

Wow, really?

All I'll say is this: I try to be helpful when I can. If somebody has an issue, I'll look into it. If we messed up and were not aware of it, I may be able to help you. If we are already aware of your complaint and acted (in our opinion) appropriately, then I can't and won't overrule the way your issue was handled. In that case, the best I can do is listen to what you have to say and see if there's anything we might be able to do to minimize the chances of a similar situation happening in the future.

That's Dennis, who is also a board member. Quite a deep Ebay store, too.

Fantasy Comics

Every order I have placed has been rock-solid, and he inserts some fantastic freebies.

:cloud9:

+1 One of my favorite Ebay dealers by far. Good stock of what I like and always rock solid grading and excellent service.

In my experience Conan is all smoke and mirrors. He will pop in a thread when they are being bashed enough but then privately he does nothing. He told me publicly that he would help resolve an issue and told people how he was helping me, then privately said he doesn't handle any of the day to day stuff and couldn't help at all...

Like I said they do such a large number of sales that they just can't be bothered with good customer service or proper grading. The also consider anyone on the CGC board "grade snobs" and have said before that they would rather us just not buy their books because most boardies expect NM when we buy NM... (tsk)

Wow, really?

All I'll say is this: I try to be helpful when I can. If somebody has an issue, I'll look into it. If we messed up and were not aware of it, I may be able to help you. If we are already aware of your complaint and acted (in our opinion) appropriately, then I can't and won't overrule the way your issue was handled. In that case, the best I can do is listen to what you have to say and see if there's anything we might be able to do to minimize the chances of a similar situation happening in the future.

Yes, really! You publicly stated that you would help and look into resolving my issue, even telling other boardies that you are helping me, then privately you say that you are not at the stores handling the day to day and couldn't actually help at all. And the worst thing about it is you being so two-faced with the whole thing. You post publicly like you care or can help then immediately give the cold shoulder in private without even trying to look into anything...

The posts and PM's are all here on the board if you need a refresher because I am sure you can't keep track of all the complaints. It must get really confusing with so many unhappy customers from your internet site and ebay sales but then again MCS has a long established history of not caring anyway...

There are so many complaints about you guys on just the CGC Board alone. You must understand by now that most people only order from you due to the lack of options but that is a pretty business model if you ask me. Providing crappy customer service and items not as advertised simply because you can is no way to do business and eventually someone will come along and give your customers what they really want and then you can take all those wrecked "NM" copies you sell and stick them up your

:censored:. I remember one order of NM books came and had food and stains on the cover as if someone was eating a bean burrito while bagging up my order lol

Wow, really?

Yes, really! You publicly stated that you would help and look into resolving my issue, even telling other boardies that you are helping me, then privately you say that you are not at the stores handling the day to day and couldn't actually help at all. And the worst thing about it is you being so two-faced with the whole thing. You post publicly like you care or can help then immediately give the cold shoulder in private without even trying to look into anything...

The posts and PM's are all here on the board if you need a refresher because I am sure you can't keep track of all the complaints. It must get really confusing with so many unhappy customers from your internet site and ebay sales but then again MCS has a long established history of not caring anyway...

There are so many complaints about you guys on just the CGC Board alone. You must understand by now that most people only order from you due to the lack of options but that is a pretty business model if you ask me. Providing crappy customer service and items not as advertised simply because you can is no way to do business and eventually someone will come along and give your customers what they really want and then you can take all those wrecked "NM" copies you sell and stick them up your

:censored:. I remember one order of NM books came and had food and stains on the cover as if someone was eating a bean burrito while bagging up my order lol

By "issue" are you referring to the situation you described in this thread? Where you ordered 4 NM cheapies (that you were going to send to CGC), was unhappy with 3, and thought they were being "cold and unapologetic" when you they told you to send them back for a full refund?

Lone Star Comics/mycomicshop.com

You know..... you just can't please all the people all the time.

I think you should sign up for Niks Memorial Grading Contest Comic Guy. Lets see your stuff :popcorn:

Well, with the amount of person_without_enough_empathyin going on I would at least think he would put his own grading skills on the table lol

Well, with the amount of person_without_enough_empathyin going on I would at least think he would put his own grading skills on the table lol

I agree. (thumbs u FWIW, I've had a few good transactions with MCS.com.

+1

Same here. No complaints from me, except that I think they could ship comics for slightly cheaper to Canada (though they package insanely well) and it takes up to a month to get here. Other than that, I'm fairly satisfied.

By "issue" are you referring to the situation you described in this thread? Where you ordered 4 NM cheapies (that you were going to send to CGC), was unhappy with 3, and thought they were being "cold and unapologetic" when you they told you to send them back for a full refund?

Yes, that's it. When he originally reported the problem to us, we sent him a boilerplate email describing our return policy--without acknowledging the fact that he wanted those books in time for an upcoming signing. Our response was functionally appropriate, if insufficiently sympathetic to a situation Comic Book Guy was unhappy about. I understand the annoyance with canned responses, and that's an area where I would still like to see us improve.

In my reply to his post, here's what I said I would do: "I've replied to Mike's email and am seeing if there's anything I can do for him. He's been a great customer of ours through several orders and I would like to help him if I can."

I followed through on that. I didn't change our return policy, and I didn't supply him with replacement copies free of charge, but I did listen to his concerns, answered questions (three substantive emails), checked our inventory to see if we had any more copies of the books he wanted to return, and discussed his issue with our staff. Not perfect, but I did what I could. I don't think it's fair to characterize what I did as "You post publicly like you care or can help then immediately give the cold shoulder in private without even trying to look into anything."

Yep, That was one issue and there was another issue before that but I just wrote it off without even bringing it up because at the time I figured maybe it was just a fluke incident.

Since then about a year had past and I had some contact with them about some books on ebay,so when I was satisfied with the responses and communication I purchased them. I had also hoped that with ebays feedback system and paypal's seller accountability that things would maybe go as stated. Well I guess I should have known better but things didn't arrive as they should have and now contacting them through ebays messaging system was pointless because I had to send several messages and when I finally got a response I got the feeling that they didn't even read my email. I didn't bother trying to file a dispute or anything as it was at that point that I decided not to waste my time anymore and just move on. I guess you live and learn and I suppose in part its my fault for not learning sooner and just cutting my losses...

It's just frustrating when you deal with a company and feel like there is no real customer service when the time comes and you actually need some. And like I said in that other thread, it sucks because I like their site. It's the best on the net (in my opinion) as far as set up, search and back stock so I really wanted to use their services, but it's upsetting when you feel like you almost never get what you pay for, don't get any real help or just don't matter... (shrug)

You know..... you just can't please all the people all the time. I think you should sign up for Niks Memorial Grading Contest Comic Guy. Lets see your stuff :popcorn:

:popcorn:

I have no real grading skills at all so I wouldn't even try to play the grading game but I do know for example that a book with a stained cover or a severely damaged spine is not "near mint". Where do you see that I said anything about "grading skills". I was just referring to obvious damage but you go ahead with your bad self...

P.S I'm your Secret Santa and I just in your stocking lol

:jokealert:

Yep, That was one issue and there was another issue before that but I just wrote it off without even bringing it up because at the time I figured maybe it was just a fluke incident.

Since then about a year had past and I had some contact with them about some books on ebay,so when I was satisfied with the responses and communication I purchased them. I had also hoped that with ebays feedback system and paypal's seller accountability that things would maybe go as stated. Well I guess I should have known better but things didn't arrive as they should have and now contacting them through ebays messaging system was pointless because I had to send several messages and when I finally got a response I got the feeling that they didn't even read my email. I didn't bother trying to file a dispute or anything as it was at that point that I decided not to waste my time anymore and just move on. I guess you live and learn and I suppose in part its my fault for not learning sooner and just cutting my losses...

It's just frustrating when you deal with a company and feel like there is no real customer service when the time comes and you actually need some. And like I said in that other thread, it sucks because I like their site. It's the best on the net (in my opinion) as far as set up, search and back stock so I really wanted to use their services, but it's upsetting when you feel like you almost never get what you pay for, don't get any real help or just don't matter... (shrug)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the standard form email you get from Lonestar if you have an issue with overgraded books (this is from 2009, they might have changed it):

Hello XXX,

With regard to your email, please understand that you can always return a comic if you believe it has been improperly graded and we have been contacted to authorize the return. Without seeing the comic, we cannot properly respond. You are welcome to return any or all for a refund to the address listed below. Please include a copy of your invoice for easy reference, and address the package "Attn. Mail Order".

Lone Star Comics

511 E. Abram St

Arlington, TX 76010

Return postage up to $3.00 will be refunded on all items that have been misgraded.

How is that not perfectly acceptable customer service? The email is to the point and gives you all the information you need to go forward - you can either send the books back for a refund or keep them as is. So, honestly, I just don't get what your rather dramatic beef is here ... :shrug:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the standard form email you get from Lonestar if you have an issue with overgraded books (this is from 2009, they might have changed it):

Hello XXX,

With regard to your email, please understand that you can always return a comic if you believe it has been improperly graded and we have been contacted to authorize the return. Without seeing the comic, we cannot properly respond. You are welcome to return any or all for a refund to the address listed below. Please include a copy of your invoice for easy reference, and address the package "Attn. Mail Order".

Lone Star Comics

511 E. Abram St

Arlington, TX 76010

Return postage up to $3.00 will be refunded on all items that have been misgraded.

How is that not perfectly acceptable customer service? The email is to the point and gives you all the information you need to go forward - you can either send the books back for a refund or keep them as is. So, honestly, I just don't get what your rather dramatic beef is here ... :shrug:

I believe I eventually received something to that effect in response to my last purchase. What aggravated me was that a person was available and more than happy to help when inquiring about possible purchases but then afterward I couldn't get anybody when inquiring about a problem. Just the robotic reply. To me that's pretty annoying, like they can't be bothered to give the same service after they have the money...

And there is no "dramatic beef"( but maybe a dramatic post or two hm ). I had what to me were a few rather negative experiences when using their website/ebay services and have decided that its best to not shop with them anymore to avoid future headaches or further dissatisfaction...

Now I've smoked a joint and in hindsight I could have worded a couple earlier posts in this thread a little less aggressively and probably should have just not posted at all. When I saw the thread about MCS the frustrations of unresolved issues came back and I let the anger do the typing. That said, I'm not going to sit here and apologize for the way I feel but I do regret the tone of some of what I directed towards Conan and again probably shouldn't have even said anything at all since I had decided to just move on anyway (which I will now make another attempt at)... :eyeroll: