• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does mycomicshop care?

74 posts in this topic

Hearing the owner come online and say that he doesn't know what he can do (or something to that effect) is a little troublesome IMO. You're the owner, there's no one to pass the buck to. I'm not specifically talking about this current complaint, just in general.

That is interesting, because I would not have characterized his statement in that manner at all. I guess it is just in how you interpret it. It is a delicate balancing act dealing with an unsatisfied customer and I thought he handled it very well, both in terms of the specific complaint and in general.

Hearing the owner come online and say that he doesn't know what he can do (or something to that effect) is a little troublesome IMO.
Although I have my own concerns with their grading, to be fair to Conan he is not the owner - he is the owner's son who serves as the web master.

He can pass on any concerns, but until they hear from the owner a policy change is going to occur from it, all Conan can do is pass along the information. And he really will do what he can to attempt to address most concerns, but there is never a guarantee something is going to change drastically.

After I posted that comment I remembered that the owner's son was posting, not the owner- so I obviously change my stance a bit as we can't control what family members do (wish I could)
:foryou:

I can understand the frustration, but Conan really does come on here and try to do what he can.

I'd hate to see him not want to continue coming back because he gets blamed for everything that goes on with Lonestar.

MCS does what they can within reason...and we know there are some looney toon collectors out there that are impossible to deal with. That being said, if your expectations are CGC quality grading, go to CGC graded books...because their model won't be acceptable.

By "issue" are you referring to the situation you described in this thread? Where you ordered 4 NM cheapies (that you were going to send to CGC), was unhappy with 3, and thought they were being "cold and unapologetic" when you they told you to send them back for a full refund?

Lone Star Comics/mycomicshop.com

Yep, That was one issue and there was another issue before that but I just wrote it off without even bringing it up because at the time I figured maybe it was just a fluke incident.

Since then about a year had past and I had some contact with them about some books on ebay,so when I was satisfied with the responses and communication I purchased them. I had also hoped that with ebays feedback system and paypal's seller accountability that things would maybe go as stated. Well I guess I should have known better but things didn't arrive as they should have and now contacting them through ebays messaging system was pointless because I had to send several messages and when I finally got a response I got the feeling that they didn't even read my email. I didn't bother trying to file a dispute or anything as it was at that point that I decided not to waste my time anymore and just move on. I guess you live and learn and I suppose in part its my fault for not learning sooner and just cutting my losses...

It's just frustrating when you deal with a company and feel like there is no real customer service when the time comes and you actually need some. And like I said in that other thread, it sucks because I like their site. It's the best on the net (in my opinion) as far as set up, search and back stock so I really wanted to use their services, but it's upsetting when you feel like you almost never get what you pay for, don't get any real help or just don't matter... (shrug)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the standard form email you get from Lonestar if you have an issue with overgraded books (this is from 2009, they might have changed it):

Hello XXX,

With regard to your email, please understand that you can always return a comic if you believe it has been improperly graded and we have been contacted to authorize the return. Without seeing the comic, we cannot properly respond. You are welcome to return any or all for a refund to the address listed below. Please include a copy of your invoice for easy reference, and address the package "Attn. Mail Order".

Lone Star Comics

511 E. Abram St

Arlington, TX 76010

Return postage up to $3.00 will be refunded on all items that have been misgraded.

How is that not perfectly acceptable customer service? The email is to the point and gives you all the information you need to go forward - you can either send the books back for a refund or keep them as is. So, honestly, I just don't get what your rather dramatic beef is here ... :shrug:

That is the Lone Star return policy is crystal clear... almost as much as " :takeit: trumps any & all PM's" :grin:

Wow, really?

All I'll say is this: I try to be helpful when I can. If somebody has an issue, I'll look into it. If we messed up and were not aware of it, I may be able to help you. If we are already aware of your complaint and acted (in our opinion) appropriately, then I can't and won't overrule the way your issue was handled. In that case, the best I can do is listen to what you have to say and see if there's anything we might be able to do to minimize the chances of a similar situation happening in the future.

Glad to see this; I have a problem.....

I recently won your auction of a copy of Archie 282, of which you have the "So Much Fun" variant copy pictured, which is what I wanted...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=310268885820&si=LDbcrtpR93l39Aq%252FHaEi5DHTlZc%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Received the package in the mail today...

mcs-pack.jpg

...and opened it; I must admit, it was packed really good. Here's the book I received...

arch282-wbf.jpg

...very nice copy;...but...it's not the variant issue I've bid on & won :( . I've left a message regarding this issue on your eBay "contact seller" link, and also called & left a message. Hopefully, this can be resolved...

Wow, really?

All I'll say is this: I try to be helpful when I can. If somebody has an issue, I'll look into it. If we messed up and were not aware of it, I may be able to help you. If we are already aware of your complaint and acted (in our opinion) appropriately, then I can't and won't overrule the way your issue was handled. In that case, the best I can do is listen to what you have to say and see if there's anything we might be able to do to minimize the chances of a similar situation happening in the future.

I recently won your auction of a copy of Archie 282, of which you have the "So Much Fun" variant copy pictured, which is what I wanted...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=310268885820&si=LDbcrtpR93l39Aq%252FHaEi5DHTlZc%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

mcs-pack.jpg

...and opened it; I must admit, it was packed really good. Here's the book I received...

arch282-wbf.jpg

...very nice copy;...but...it's not the variant issue I've bid on & won :( . I've left a message regarding this issue on your eBay "contact seller" link, and also called & left a message. Hopefully, this can be resolved...

Hopefully they didnt just use a stock photo for the auction. I could see how easily the books could be mistaken for each other, especially if MCS is not "in the know" pertaining to SMF variants.

Wow, really?

mcs-pack.jpg

arch282-wbf.jpg

Hopefully they didnt just use a stock photo for the auction. I could see how easily the books could be mistaken for each other, especially if MCS is not "in the know" pertaining to SMF variants.

if you read the ebay description, you will note the following:

About This Scan

This stock image is provided to help you identify the issue, but is not the specific item being offered, nor does it represent the grade and condition of the item being offered.

Not only that, but the description does not say anywhere in it that they are selling a Variant cover book. It says they are selling an Archie #282 which is exactly what you got. :makepoint:

Not only that, but the description does not say anywhere in it that they are selling a Variant cover book. It says they are selling an Archie #282 which is exactly what you got. :makepoint:

The fault does not belong to the buyer. The photo shows a completely different book - not a representation of the one being sent. It was a mistake/misunderstanding and the customer should get a full refund, shipping included.

I can see how MyComicShop could post the image and it certainly does not look like they make a habit of picturing variants to mislead people. They just need to put up the proper photo. This is the type of problem than can easily come up when not taking the time to scan the actual books. I understand the reasoning, but refunding when mistakes occur are the price they pay for saving a lot of time on scanning.

Well, technically it IS a stock photo....of a SMF variant Archie. So, I wouldnt fault the buyer. They are 2 completely different books. He desired to bid on the copy shown in the photo, he was sent the regular edition. I would be displeased as well.

I don't disagree. I think EVERY auction should show the picture of the exact thing the person is bidding on....... BUT, to play the d's advocate here.... why is the picture the thing used as a the primary decision maker ?? How come its not the written description ?? I'll tell you why, cuz society cant read intructions anymore. An emotional response can be triggered immediately by the picture..... whereas reading the description goes right past alot of people. And thats why reading the "stock photo" information directly under the picture of the book shows that the buyer didn't even pay attention to what he was bidding on. Part of me thinks he made a $5 mistake and should just deal with it. Welcome to the world.

Part of me thinks mycomicshop will probably make it right because you asked them too.

My husband got conned on a stock photo listing thought he was getting a variant rare cover for a OK price ended up getting a common POS not worth a tenth of what he paid..I HATE the "stock photo" option..this is just making it easier for scammers to say "Hey my description says the photo is not an actual picture of what you get so you lose.." Especially with items that a good deal of the price and value is determined by condition/number/color of the item

+1 I've been taken by the stock photo auctions as well :(

On the subject of MCS...I've had mixed results with them but never had a problem with their customer service. I will admit that like another poster said...they're more of a last resort as opposed to a first option...at least for me.

I have been wanting a print to decorate the house of a famous painting..I only find it on Ebay..and the descriptions have a stock photo of an oil reproduction on a large canvas with fine print reading "This is a stock photo you will not be getting an exact item as pictured you will be recieving a photocopied print on regular stock copy paper which you may frame if you so desire. The print you receive will be smaller than the entire sheet of paper to allow you to frame the entire print actual size of the art on the paper may vary"

Thye do not specify a size range for the print..

SO they way I read it for $24 I may get a lovely sheet of standard size copy paper with a print the size of a postage stamp..

That is like my putting up a stock photo of orginal art and saying "You won't get a storyboard sized paper original copy but something I ran off on my computer to a postcard sized piece of paper I had around the house enjoy your art" and doing my explainations in itty bitty font letters at the end of a mile long description of my auction/payment/shipping terms and charging you $24 shipping $75 for the "art" and laughing when you complain because you did not read the whole description..

BAH

EXACTLY !! And I don't know if mycomicshop is reading this or not, but I for one refuse to bid on an auction, by ANY seller, that does NOT show the item I'm bidding on. As soon as I see "stock photo"...... I'm done with it. Its the freakin 21st century !! Lets use the technology at hand and show the merchandice !! :sumo:

EXACTLY !! And I don't know if mycomicshop is reading this or not, but I for one refuse to bid on an auction, by ANY seller, that does NOT show the item I'm bidding on. As soon as I see "stock photo"...... I'm done with it. Its the freakin 21st century !! Lets use the technology at hand and show the merchandice !! :sumo:

+1.333