• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why Dish Network! Why?!!

23 posts in this topic

So my wife and I are enjoying the walking dead series on AMC. DVR'd the first 5 episodes. Sometime between episode 5 and episode 6 Dish Network decided that AMC was no longer part of my package.

What the hey?!!

Are you serious?

I also have Dish and earlier this year their contract ran out with the FX network without coming to new terms so they pulled the channel for a few weeks which caused me to miss some episodes of Sons of Anarchy. Luckily they renewed and picked the channel back up in time for the last few episodes. I was also able to find the ones I missed online and can send you a link to the Walking Dead episodes, Just PM me if you need it....

:)

So my wife and I are enjoying the walking dead series on AMC. DVR'd the first 5 episodes. Sometime between episode 5 and episode 6 Dish Network decided that AMC was no longer part of my package.

What the hey?!!

Same here. I just got back from my buddy's house where I watched the Season Finale from DVR.

I wonder how many people $$ upgraded $$ their subscription package just so they could view the final episode of the season?

Not sure about the AMC channel, but Dish Network must have had a one of their free preview weeks at the end of November.

My wife was scanning the channels the other day and came across the "Cooking Channel." We currently only get "Food Network" in our Dish Package.

Anyway she came across this show called "Bichin' Kitchen". At first we could not believe what we were watching. It was like a train wreck we could not take our eyes off of. lol. But after watching it for awhile I came around to see just how smart this girl on the show is. It has got to be the most bizarre but entertaining cooking show I have ever seen. However the channel is gone now and I will not upgrade my package of channels for just one channel.

And yes the show has the "T" in the title. It is just hard to post some things on this Disney style message board at times.

Not sure how Mr. Pontoon puts up with it. lol

Not sure about the AMC channel, but Dish Network must have had a one of their free preview weeks at the end of November.

Correct.AMC was free for the month of November on Dish network.There were a few TV spots letting viewers know.

Clearly the answer is to move.

Nah, become a pirate!

It's a super pain in the butt to pirate dish. Lot's of soldering and the smart card looks like Medusa sticking out of the unit. Not worth it.

That's what DC++ and an internet connection is for!