• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oh fudge.....

56 posts in this topic

so i sit down yesterday to read one of my recent VCC pick ups and loved it (thanks shiverbones) . i got to place it back in the bag and the tape catches the book...............next thing i know, my lovely Archies Christmas Stocking #2 has a nice dime size tape pull dead centre of the book..... :pullhair:. needless to say, fudge wasent what i said.

anyone else have a story like this to make me feel not so lame?

so i sit down yesterday to read one of my recent VCC pick ups and loved it (thanks shiverbones) . i got to place it back in the bag and the tape catches the book...............next thing i know, my lovely Archies Christmas Stocking #2 has a nice dime size tape pull dead centre of the book..... :pullhair:. needless to say, fudge wasent what i said.

In 1991 I tape pulled a pristine Subby 34. Haven't done it since. Still feel the pain.

ASM #129 in higher grade. Had one too many gin and tonic at the time. It happens.

ASM #129 in higher grade. Had one too many gin and tonic at the time. It happens.

You're lucky you didn't get pinched for DWR - drinking while rebagging.

You lazy nerds. It only takes 2 seconds to pull the tape completely off the flap, then you don't have tape pulls. :screwy:

When I see someone yank the book out of the bag without taking off the tape, I beg the gods of the adhesive realm to stick to their book just due to stupidity. :slapfight:

I don't have any keeper books in bags with tape on them. I'd rather leave the flap open than deal with tape.

Besides, tape + mylites = PITA to remove

Did it once on a Flash 123, stopped using tape on comic bags soon after. If I'm at a con and looking at a book with tape on its bag, I remove the tape and attach it to the flap horizontally to get it out of the way. Once done, I attach the tape back onto the flap. Don't want to be responsible for damaging a book

In 1991 I tape pulled a pristine Subby 34. Haven't done it since. Still feel the pain.

I sit down and 'practice' on a issue of Youngblood that I have. After 30 or 40 tape pulls I feel like I've gotten it out of my system and go back to bagging books that matter.

Was looking at a 9.0/9.2 Avengers 12 at a LCS. Pulled off a half inch of the cover with the tape. Owner never noticed. I took it to the counter and paid for it. My fault.

I sit down and 'practice' on a issue of Youngblood that I have. After 30 or 40 tape pulls I feel like I've gotten it out of my system and go back to bagging books that matter.

:roflmao:

Bought a slabbed book (5.5 ow) from the early '60s. Took it out to put in a mylar and when I opened the book it fell apart. Spine started splitting at the top and bottom. I took it to Matt to see about getting sealed and when he opened it the centerfold cracked in half; when he closed it the spine split to the top and bottom of both staples. On his advise I ended up gluing the thing back together with Elmer's glue. Now my 5.5 is a 1.5... :sorry:

I wonder how many other timebombs are sitting in slabs.