• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Cape?

112 posts in this topic

thoughts ....

all that training & he gets beat down & almost dies on his first time out .... by someone the tiny guy takes out no problem ...

that is one stupid kid if he can't figure out that is his dad ... Or was that the entire point ???.... Shrugs ....

3 geeez man so much for keeping a secret id you are flashing your face to everyone including the store clerk lol How about a eye mask & some tech to hide your voice as well ....

I don't know I felt entertained enough watching it if just to laugh at it! I think the comment at the end of the episode sums up the show as well lol

also I think the store clerk would be flipping out at the amount of damage done to his store by the cape lol ! Was most likely more than the store was going to loose from the robbers lol

After multiple superhero films aspiring to high art, here's a series with aspirations to be nothing more than a comic book. It's pure pulp. I find it refreshing, and I'll be watching.

Don't get too attached to it. :gossip:

Chess is trying to figure out who The Cape is meanwhile The Cape pulls out the knife that was poisoned and drops it on the floor in the apartment. No idea why Chess just didn't pick up the knife and have it tested by the police that he controls. What a moronic bad guy.

There was also other discrepancies throughout the show or things that where stupid.

That put aside it was ok but not great and the whole deal where The Cape talks to whatever his name was that was opposing Chess for the prisons felt like Batman talking to Gordon.

Have the son recognize the Dad, and then this would be a good show (meaning watchable). It was better than the dribble on Fox but this is going to have trouble on Monday nights.

I thought it was a total piece of excrement... until my wife figured it out. "Oh, it's a comedy." Totally changed my outlook on it. Now it just sucks because it's not funny.

Things it has going for it.

1 Explosions

2. Disappearing guys with a puff of smoke. Corny but still effective.

3. Characters that have personalities (even though somewhat predictable)

4. Fighting scenes.

5. Dodging knives

6. people making extensive usage of generators to power their electrical gadgets in spite of them being slightly homeless.

7. Nice cars

Things that kill it.

1. Child actors that appear to be clueless

2. Midgets with bad dialogue

3. Jumbled flashbacks that feel like subliminal messages.

4. No patrol car pursuits of bank robbers that waltz into banks. Twice.

5. Showing kids that hero's often take a drop or two of poison so that they can build up an immunity to it. :screwy:

6. Rambling during a fake death scene.

7. Having a villain so dumb to plan for his public opponent to die eating poisoned chicken in front of him at the same table. :screwy:

8. Bad tatoo's