• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Cape?

112 posts in this topic

I wouldn't call it cr*p, though its not worthy of the top ten forty Neilson ratings. I like the fact that someone actually had the balls to try to make an action orientated Superhero show for a change. If the show had a proper villian it might have kept me interested a little longer, but unfortunately it didn't even have that going for it.

I, for one really enjoyed the show. Sure, it's no Heroes or No Ordinary family, but it's been a while since we've had a super hero comic book type character on TV.

I'll apply the rating of "good enough" for this show and enjoy. I've always liked Summer Glau and I hope that they don't cancel the show prematurely. Firefly was awesome, so was The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

I was surprised with how much I liked it. I agree it's cheesy, but it exceeded my expectations. The budget appeared higher than I would have thought it would have been. As far as props, wardrobe, special effects, location, and overall cinematography it's better than Dollhouse was. I expected this to have a similar quality visually to Dollhouse or Dark Angel, but I thought it was on par with Pushing Daisies, which I thought looked awesome. Even the musical score is impressive. The story is entertaining, more entertaining than plenty of stuff on TV right now.

Why doesn't The Cape just shoot Chess when he see's him and go back to his old life. He had at least 4 chances to do it.

Um...because it's against the law?

As to say helping people rob banks

not reporting people you know are robbing banks to police

& putting on a mask & fighting crime ?

Yup all perfectly legal !

Pardon me now I'm going to go out & rob a bank the cape has showed me that it is the right thing to do! :applause:

Helping people rob banks as a means to survive.

Not reporting people you know are robbing banks to police because the police are all a bunch of crooks.

Putting on a mask and fighting Chess.

I liked it...but I also like Smallville and did like Birds of Prey for as long as it lasted. Sure, it ain't no Smallville but I'll take it...for the first13 episodes anyway. What's better is my wife liked it to...and that just makes it more fun to watch.

It is sad to see so many people crapping on Moon Knight in this thread when the similarities between Batman and Moon Knight are so few. I see more similarities between Batman and Ironman. Also, The Cape has so many similarities to Batman and I have yet to see anything similar to moon Knight in that show!!!!

Expecting more of the same, it took me awhile to realize that The Cape was closer to the 60's Batman show than any of the recent dark and gritty super-hero fare that we're so used to these days. It was just like reading a Silver-Age comic! I really liked it.

I watched it last night. I like The Cape character and Max Manali. But the Chess character is annoying. So far, meh, I'll keep watching it since I'm bored with No Ordinary Family.

It's watchable, golden globe material.....no, but it kept my attention and was entertaining. They at least made it possible for a nice group of villians to come out of this "Tarot" organazation, with "Siren" coming next perhaps per the floating computer thingee that Chess was manipulating. I agree with the "pulp" and "silver age" type feel the show puts off, still like to see a dark and brooding Batman primetime series, but heh, if wishes were horses...., I'll keep recording in w/ DVR so I can shoot through the commercials.

It's watchable, golden globe material.....no, but it kept my attention and was entertaining. They at least made it possible for a nice group of villians to come out of this "Tarot" organazation, with "Siren" coming next perhaps per the floating computer thingee that Chess was manipulating. I agree with the "pulp" and "silver age" type feel the show puts off, still like to see a dark and brooding Batman primetime series, but heh, if wishes were horses...., I'll keep recording in w/ DVR so I can shoot through the commercials.

A rare CC sighting! (worship)

http://www.thewrap.com/television/column-post/nbc-cuts-cape-10-episodes-24388

After 10 episodes, "The Cape" will be out and "The Event" will be back in.

NBC, which had ordered 13 episodes of "The Cape," has reduced the number to 10, TheWrap confirmed Tuesday. "The Event," which held the 9 p.m. Monday slot, will return to that time after "The Cape" finishes its 10th episode Feb. 28.

NBC had always planned to bring back "The Event," and chose to return it to its original slot.

"The Cape" is about a police officer who becomes a superhero after he is framed for murder.