• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Cape?

112 posts in this topic

Things it has going for it.

1 Explosions

2. Disappearing guys with a puff of smoke. Corny but still effective.

3. Characters that have personalities (even though somewhat predictable)

4. Fighting scenes.

5. Dodging knives

6. people making extensive usage of generators to power their electrical gadgets in spite of them being slightly homeless.

7. Nice cars

Things that kill it.

1. Child actors that appear to be clueless

2. Midgets with bad dialogue

3. Jumbled flashbacks that feel like subliminal messages.

4. No patrol car pursuits of bank robbers that waltz into banks. Twice.

5. Showing kids that hero's often take a drop or two of poison so that they can build up an immunity to it. :screwy:

6. Rambling during a fake death scene.

7. Having a villain so dumb to plan for his public opponent to die eating poisoned chicken in front of him at the same table. :screwy:

8. Bad tatoo's

Plus the plate of food was in front of the guy for like 5-10 minutes and still never took a bite.

Plus the plate of food was in front of the guy for like 5-10 minutes and still never took a bite.

Apparently he was suspicious so off camera he said "Hey what's that over there?" and while the bad guy was looking he switched plates.

Then the bad guy said "Hey what's that over there? and while the good guy was looking the plates got switched back. This must have gone on for a while and then the food was removed. :acclaim:

Apparently he was suspicious so off camera he said "Hey what's that over there?" and while the bad guy was looking he switched plates.

Then the bad guy said "Hey what's that over there? and while the good guy was looking the plates got switched back. This must have gone on for a while and then the food was removed. :acclaim:

lol

I never worry to much about reviews on the boards. A lot of the people here will slate absolutely anything if it's new whether it's comics, films, TV series or people.

It may well be bad but I'll give it a try when it comes on over here. One thing that I always keep in mind is that most things aren't good when they first start so it can be worth sticking with them if they've got potential.

I never worry to much about reviews on the boards. A lot of the people here will slate absolutely anything if it's new whether it's comics, films, TV series or people.

It may well be bad but I'll give it a try when it comes on over here. One thing that I always keep in mind is that most things aren't good when they first start so it can be worth sticking with them if they've got potential.

:applause:

After multiple superhero films aspiring to high art, here's a series with aspirations to be nothing more than a comic book. It's pure pulp. I find it refreshing, and I'll be watching.

I was thinking the same thing. (thumbs u

(thumbs u (thumbs u

My thoughts as well.

I found it to be very entertaining, fast paced, with good character development. I was also pleasantly surprised with how emotional the scenes were between father and son.

It was not my FAVORITE...but I didn't hate it, I'll watch it again, they just need to smooth a few things out...like how the Carnival of crime is all of a sudden good guys and the girl with the car...

I have to finish the 2nd chapter, maybe later, I'll find out

I like Human Target much better....

They really screwed the pooch on this one.

I found more holes in it than Swiss Cheese.

Why doesn't The Cape just shoot Chess when he see's him and go back to his old life. He had at least 4 chances to do it.

At least with Hero's the people had powers and you accepted it.

With this show you take a cop and teach him how to use a "Special" cape to grab things and throw people around?

Oh my.

But of course I will keep watching until they pull the plug.

I give it 6 episodes max.

Summer Glau = :banana:

Why doesn't The Cape just shoot Chess when he see's him and go back to his old life. He had at least 4 chances to do it.

Um...because it's against the law?

As to say helping people rob banks

not reporting people you know are robbing banks to police

& putting on a mask & fighting crime ?

Yup all perfectly legal !

Pardon me now I'm going to go out & rob a bank the cape has showed me that it is the right thing to do! :applause:

Pardon me now I'm going to go out & rob a bank the cape has showed me that it is the right thing to do! :applause:

Maybe he's got ethical issues against killing people? (shrug)

Some people do. (thumbs u

Exactly.

If that is the case then he shouldn't be a cop to start with (shrug)