• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official Crash Thread

53 posts in this topic

Oops, sorry I meant "Official Clash Thread". blush.gif

There's been so much talk about The Clash lately that I thought I would start a thread where we could all discuss The Clash, past, present and future...and here's where it all started! thumbsup2.gif

B00002MVQF.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Current Favorite Clash song.

Safe European Home

well, i just got back an' i wish i never leave now

who dat martian arrival at the airport?

how many local dollars for a local anaesthetic?

the johnny on the corner was a very sympathetic

i went to the place where every white face is an

invitation to robbery

an' sitting here in my safe european home

i don't wanna go back there again

wasn't i lucky n' wouldn't it be loverly?

send us all cards, an' have a laying in on a sunday

i was there for two weeks, so how come i never tell

that natty dread drinks at the sheraton hotel?

now they got the sun, an' they got the palm trees

they got the weed, an' they got the taxis

whoa, the harder they come, n' the home of ol' bluebeat

yes i'd stay an' be a tourist but i can't take the gunplay

I'd much rather talk about the Clash than the bloody Crash. Enough already.

They're my favourite band, apart from possibly Led Zeppelin and the Stones. And the MC5, of course. Saw them in 1978 and 1979. They never sold out, don't you know.

Vaguely interesting fact (which you may know anyway): Mick Jones collects comics. Low grade readers mainly, and his preference is for 50s/60s sci-fi. He's not concerned about investment. He bought a few books from me at a London show a couple of years ago, and they were all about £5 each. Nice bloke, very laid back. I didn't make a fuss, ask about the Clash or even point out who he was (I think he knows who he is, anyway).

Recommended album (apart from the obvious, i.e. the first album and London Calling): From Here To Eternity Live. Great stuff - better than the studio versions,in fact. Took me right back.

Sitting with my drug addled college roommate and listening to Big Audio Dynamite

Drug Addled Roommate : (indignant) Man! They Ripped off The Clash so bad!

Me: Dude, it's Mick Jones. This is Mick Jones' new band.

Drug Addled Roommate: Who's Mick Jones?

Me: 893frustrated.gif

This is the same guy who was "the biggest Bob Marley fan in the world" and he couldn't actually name an album. He played the hell out of Legend, but he couldn't actually name an album that Bob Marley actually released.

Great guy, but he had issues...

Vaguely interesting fact (which you may know anyway): Mick Jones collects comics. Low grade readers mainly, and his preference is for 50s/60s sci-fi. He's not concerned about investment. He bought a few books from me at a London show a couple of years ago, and they were all about £5 each. Nice bloke, very laid back. I didn't make a fuss, ask about the Clash or even point out who he was (I think he knows who he is, anyway).

Tip 'o the hat to you mate for the interesting tidbit that makes this thread pertinent! 893applaud-thumb.gif

B00001X593.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Tip 'o the hat to you mate for the interesting tidbit that makes this thread pertinent! 893applaud-thumb.gif

B00001X593.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

acclaim.gif Thanks Doc. Glad to see that there are Clash fans across the pond.