• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spiderman #14 club
4 4

161 posts in this topic

Im going to have to get in on this, mine is one of the 9.4 SS. Sorry I don't have a pic to post. I didn't spend the extra dollar to have the pic taken by CGC when the book was graded,( Im still kicking myself) So next time I get t out of it's secure storage location, I'll take a pic and upload it. Til then we'll have to watch what these two bring when the hammer falls.

Big one coming up in Febs Heritage Sale:

Heritage ASM 14

(shrug) How is that the big one?? CGC census 12/10: 38 in 9.2, 28 higher. This is on ComicLink January Focused Auction:

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #14

Read more carefully, I said "a" big one not "the" big one. And it is bigger than anyone posted so far. The one on CL is a big one as well. :devil:

Heritage ASM 14

(shrug) How is that the big one?? CGC census 12/10: 38 in 9.2, 28 higher. This is on ComicLink January Focused Auction:

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #14

Read more carefully, I said "a" big one not "the" big one. And it is bigger than anyone posted so far. The one on CL is a big one as well. :devil:

Didn't mean nothing by it :foryou: . Just didn't get what made it differnt from other ASM 14's listed on the internet.

Heritage ASM 14

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #14

I bought that one then, and it's for sale in the current CLink auction. I need a 9.2, and I need the proceeds for last months auction. Check it out if you need a NM.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fdefault.asp%3FFocused%3D1%26pg%3D2%23Item_924627&id=924627

asm014cgc94.jpg

I used to have an ASM 14 in 9.4 OW/W, sold it years ago and bought original art instead.

This book really hasn't done much price wise in the last 10 years. I would of thought this would of turned into a 15-20K book in 9.4 which clearly hasn't, I checked GPA and it hasn't moved past the 7-8K mark in ages.

I used to have an ASM 14 in 9.4 OW/W, sold it years ago and bought original art instead.

This book really hasn't done much price wise in the last 10 years. I would of thought this would of turned into a 15-20K book in 9.4 which clearly hasn't, I checked GPA and it hasn't moved past the 7-8K mark in ages.

Had they not killed of the Green Goblin, we WOULD be seeing higher marks for this book. However, Marvel decided to flirt with peripheral character leads and kill the main staple, which could have been likened to the Joker to Batman. :makepoint:

Had they not killed of the Green Goblin, we WOULD be seeing higher marks for this book. However, Marvel decided to flirt with peripheral character leads and kill the main staple, which could have been likened to the Joker to Batman. :makepoint:

Actually, they didn't just kill him, they brought the Green Goblin back several times or in variations. If they hadn't turned his son Harry into the GG, and created copy cat characters, and made up a clone of old Norman Osborn, then, then the ASM 14 would be worth a ton more.

I bought that 9.4 copy because the corners and edges were so sharp, and it's completely straight. If not for two notable spine issues that don't show in scans, it would be a 9.6 easily.

I suspect the lack of appreciation on Spidey #14 has more to do with fact that the issue is relatively common in high grade...for some reason it's much more available than the issues around it like 11, 12, 13, or 15.

Here's my copy, it's around the 8.5 to 9.0 range:

Spidey14.jpg

It was a $50K book for a while in 9.6 and was well on it's way to bringing numbers up on lower grade issues but the slew of auctions really kills prices.

Even if there is enough money to go around there is just not enough time for people to make it to bidding on all auctions.

My living consists of looking at comics online and I still can't get to them all.

I suspect the lack of appreciation on Spidey #14 has more to do with fact that the issue is relatively common in high grade...for some reason it's much more available than the issues around it like 11, 12, 13, or 15.

Here's my copy, it's around the 8.5 to 9.0 range:

Spidey14.jpg

Pretty book :applause:

I'm thinking this is what's going to happen with the new ASM movie and the GG. Leave out MJ and the GG, Put in a lesser name villain and tell the origin, this way, the villain won't be the center of attention much like what happened in 89 Batman.

Take out MJ and let the audiance get to see Peter had someone before MJ named Gwen. ASM Part 2 comes around introduce the GG, Gwen dies in a fall because of the GG, then at the end introduce MJ.

It was a $50K book for a while in 9.6 and was well on it's way to bringing numbers up on lower grade issues but the slew of auctions really kills prices.

Even if there is enough money to go around there is just not enough time for people to make it to bidding on all auctions.

My living consists of looking at comics online and I still can't get to them all.

The supply of 9.6's ballooned. Looks like a 9.8 will be the true $50K. hm