• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is your heart's GA-desire? If you ...

79 posts in this topic

I'd complete my run of Black Cat up to #29. I'm missing nine of them.

I'd then work on the latter part of the run of Green Lantern, All-American and All Star starting with this one:

30-1.jpg

I mean you can't go too far wrong with the original Green Lantern, Streak the Wonder Dog and a nice set of headlights all on the same cover.

:luhv:

In the UK Tec 27 apparent 4.5 (ext) just went for 37500$ (+ juice: 18% buyers premium) = approx. 44K.

If I was doing my math right it should be more then this with the hammer price at 24000 pounds. If this was in the US I would have bought, as such I was one of the under bidders. This is the type of book I need and about the highest I can afford.

I thought most of the prices were very strong in that auction.

James G

But if I went into it as a collector I would throw all of the money at Bedrock and see if I could get him to part with this:

SingleSeries20CVCGC.jpg

Then every day, I would gleefully ogle my purchase over the years as it slowly went down in value relative to inflation. :cloud9:

It's a nice dream :cloud9:

But it is only that...a dream :sorry:

went to an internet bidder, so the tec 27 finished at approx 46500

I was ok bidding on the book to 40K, thought maybe it could have some more work done and be in the 6.0 range

I'd get a staple from a Tec 27.

I have one of those for you. How does 50 bucks sound? :wishluck:

Depends. What's the grade? :popcorn:

But if I went into it as a collector I would throw all of the money at Bedrock and see if I could get him to part with this:

SingleSeries20CVCGC.jpg

Then every day, I would gleefully ogle my purchase over the years as it slowly went down in value relative to inflation. :cloud9:

It's a nice dream :cloud9:

But it is only that...a dream :sorry:

:cry:

I don't think of what GA I buy in terms of investment. It sucks the fun out of it for me.

If I had 10-20k to blow on GA, I'd go for a More Fun 52, Four Color 1, and a Flash 1.

i'd upgrade my cap 1 to the very nicest 20 g's would buy.

In the UK Tec 27 apparent 4.5 (ext) just went for 37500$ (+ juice: 18% buyers premium) = approx. 44K.

If I was doing my math right it should be more then this with the hammer price at 24000 pounds. If this was in the US I would have bought, as such I was one of the under bidders. This is the type of book I need and about the highest I can afford.

James G

Yeah, if you want to pick nits.

Angelius is approximately spot on. With the current exchange rate (which you can google):

£24000.00 / 0.6393 = $37541.06

(+ juice: 18% buyers premium) = approx. 44K. What the man said.

James G

Angelius is approximately spot on. With the current exchange rate (which you can google):

I don't think a $6500-10,000 difference is nitpicking. That amount was the difference between me winning the auction and not. I had to figure in shipping and insurance as well which would have added a bit. Plus if you bid on the net it was another 3% or so. It adds up very quickly and it was very hard to bid against the UK bidders considering all the added factors a US buyer faced.

As for the topic at hand, I would go for a Batman or Captain America 1. Two books I have always really wanted.

James G

James G

I don't think a $6500-10,000 difference is nitpicking. That amount was the difference between me winning the auction and not. I had to figure in shipping and insurance as well which would have added a bit. Plus if you bid on the net it was another 3% or so. It adds up very quickly and it was very hard to bid against the UK bidders considering all the added factors a US buyer faced.

As for the topic at hand, I would go for a Batman or Captain America 1. Two books I have always really wanted.

James G

No one is arguing with you $6,500-10,000 is not significant. The other poster said just as much when he indicated "+ juice."

The nit picky part is your contention "If I was doing my math right it should be more then this with the hammer price at 24000 pounds" as if the other poster made an error.

Well, you don't have a problem with your math; however, you do have a serious reading comprehension problem.

James G

James G

No one is arguing with you $6,500-10,000 is not significant. The other poster said just as much when he indicated "+ juice."

The nit picky part is your contention "If I was doing my math right it should be more then this with the hammer price at 24000 pounds" as if the other poster made an error.

Well, you don't have a problem with your math; however, you do have a serious reading comprehension problem.

Actually it was more a lack of my math skills and nothing else. I was not implying the poster made an error, but that I might not be doing the math right so if it was read any other way then that was not my intent.

James G

OK. no harm, no foul. If I had 20K to burn I'd probably buy every Hank Chapman written story from 1950 to 1954 for Atlas...stuff that rarely gets reprinted. Then, I'd go for the Story Comics run of Fight Against Crime, and maybe some select gritty Ken Fitch stories. Nothing investment quality, just some guilty reading pleasure.

OK. no harm, no foul. If I had 20K to burn I'd probably buy every Hank Chapman written story from 1950 to 1954 for Atlas...stuff that rarely gets reprinted. Then, I'd go for the Story Comics run of Fight Against Crime, and maybe some select gritty Ken Fitch stories. Nothing investment quality, just some guilty reading pleasure.

Wait you still have time to read?? I only got one kid and I can't remember the last time I read a comic :-( I have a pile sitting next too me but no time, I need a vacation just to read comics is that wrong?

I find it interesting that even though the original post was specifically about investment a lot of people have said they would rather buy the stuff they enjoy rather then what they think will go up in value. You know that you really love comics when you spin something like that.

James G

I don't think of what GA I buy in terms of investment. It sucks the fun out of it for me.

If I had 10-20k to blow on GA, I'd go for a More Fun 52, Four Color 1, and a Flash 1.

i'd upgrade my cap 1 to the very nicest 20 g's would buy.

:wishluck:

James G

James G

the book was won with an internet bid, so you have to add 3.5%...and, depending on they pay, potentially nother 2%...so very well could have gone for 47500+, but we know it went for 46+ just with the 3.5% add on (thumbs u