• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pick your favourite Flash villains!

Choose no more than five of these villains!  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Choose no more than five of these villains!

51 posts in this topic

I would bet you are more of a Wally West fan. I have never thought of Vandal as a member of the Rogues Gallery. He is really more of a villain for Jay and Wally. Of course he was the star of issue 137.

137-1.jpg

Yes. The poll selections were based on Barry Allen's Rogues Gallery and Vandal Savage was first and foremost a Jay Garrick antagonist. I saw no reason why Barry should siphon villains from Jay the way he did Jay's fanbase.

:(

To be fair, the thread says "Flash", not "Barry Allen", so... ;)

I agree, so.....Barry or Wally. Come clean.

I would bet you are more of a Wally West fan. I have never thought of Vandal as a member of the Rogues Gallery. He is really more of a villain for Jay and Wally. Of course he was the star of issue 137.

137-1.jpg

Yes. The poll selections were based on Barry Allen's Rogues Gallery and Vandal Savage was first and foremost a Jay Garrick antagonist. I saw no reason why Barry should siphon villains from Jay the way he did Jay's fanbase.

Oh, Wally fo sho, but...there's something about Barry that appeals to me...so much so that his run is the only Silver Age DC outside of Bat titles that I have any desire to complete..

Just need a 105, 106, 108, and 109..and replacement copies for my #110 and #111. lol

Four medal contenders have emerged - Captain Cold, Super-Gorilla Grodd, the Reverse-Flash and the Mirror Master.

:acclaim:

But Golden Glider and the dastardly Heat Wave are running behind even the Turtle Man who wasn't considered villainous enough to even be part of the Rogues Gallery!

flash140.jpg

:o

137-1.jpg

Oh, Wally fo sho, but...there's something about Barry that appeals to me...so much so that his run is the only Silver Age DC outside of Bat titles that I have any desire to complete..

Just need a 105, 106, 108, and 109..and replacement copies for my #110 and #111. lol

I have the 109/110 but need the rest as well. I sold a 7.5 105 that I should have hung onto. There is a white paged 106 that belongs to a board member that is coming up in the next Pedigree grand auction.

Four medal contenders have emerged - Captain Cold, Super-Gorilla Grodd, the Reverse-Flash and the Mirror Master.

:acclaim:

But Golden Glider and the dastardly Heat Wave are running behind even the Turtle Man who wasn't considered villainous enough to even be part of the Rogues Gallery!

flash140.jpg

Gotta love the Capt. Cold/Heat Wave duo.

flash-166.jpg

Do you have a better Flash 105?

No, I had two and have sold both. I'm in the market but have not seen one I like lately. It is another one that is easy to find 5.5 and down but tough at 7.5 and up.

I just love Vandal Savage....and Flash #137. That book....I wish I'd been around to buy scads of NM copies for $1 each.

While there were scads of NM Flash 137s on the newstand at a price of twelve cents in the spring of 1963, there were certainly not scads of NM Flash 137s available at $1 even a couple years thereafter.

I think you're making the mistake of looking at old Overstreet Price Guides and thinking that you would have had the opportunity to buy those NM comics at those prices at that time. Well guess what? With the possible exception of Silver Age Marvels, those NM comics just weren't available. Scouring comic shops and attending shows would yield a gem of a pre-1965 DC, Charlton or Archie superhero comic only once in a blue moon. Believe me, I looked. Marvels could be found but the others hardly at all. And don't be fooled by old catalogues put out by dealers such as the American Comic Book Company. What they were calling NM at the time might grade out as F/VF today.

:preach:

I just love Vandal Savage....and Flash #137. That book....I wish I'd been around to buy scads of NM copies for $1 each.

While there were scads of NM Flash 137s on the newstand at a price of twelve cents in the spring of 1963, there were certainly not scads of NM Flash 137s available at $1 even a couple years thereafter.

I think you're making the mistake of looking at old Overstreet Price Guides and thinking that you would have had the opportunity to buy those NM comics at those prices at that time. Well guess what? With the possible exception of Silver Age Marvels, those NM comics just weren't available. Scouring comic shops and attending shows would yield a gem of a pre-1965 DC, Charlton or Archie superhero comic only once in a blue moon. Believe me, I looked. Marvels could be found but the others hardly at all. And don't be fooled by old catalogues put out by dealers such as the American Comic Book Company. What they were calling NM at the time might grade out as F/VF today.

meh

meh

C'mon, he spent the better part of 18 months crafting his reply ... this is the best you got for him?

I guess that's just the best he's got then. Period.

Interesting the results of this poll so far:

Captain Cold 23

Professor Zoom the Reverse-Flash 23

Super-Gorilla Grodd 23

Mirror Master 20

Trickster 11

Captain Boomerang 8

Weather Wizard 8

Mr. Element/Doctor Alchemy 7

Pied Piper 6

Abra Kadabra 4

Heat Wave 4

Top 4

A three way tie for first with the Mirror Master up in the mix as well. I rather thought the Top would do somewhat better since he was one of the relatively early villains with quite a few cover appearances over the years.

11-08-2011105332PM.jpg

(shrug)

I was never a fan of Grodd or the trickster. If forced to pick three favorites, I think I would have to include the Top. Zoom would be my favorite because when they met it was man to man and always personal.

I would put Mr. Element/Doctor Alchemy up in my top three. Of all the villains, I've always found him the most interesting, at least potentially. Maybe, he's the closest to being a three dimensional character in my mind.

If forced to pick three favorites, I think I would have to include the Top. Zoom would be my favorite because when they met it man to man.

Well it should be no problem for you then since you can pick up to five in this poll.

:)

Here are my top 5 Flash villains:

1. Gorilla Grodd

2. Captain Cold

3. Professor Zoom - I believe he will pass the former 2 in due time, especially once the Flash TV show debuts! (thumbs u

4. Mirror Master

5. Tie - Weather Wizard & Captain Boomerang

One day I will collect all of the 1st appearances of the Flash's Rogues Gallery, but sadly other books have priority at the moment! :facepalm::cry: