• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Color-blind Thor casting sparks hate-group outrage

377 posts in this topic

The actor they cast as Heimdall is male. That's sexist! To be fully rid of our pregidous we should have cast a female actress as Heimdall, and perhaps then everything would be fair.

I'm think Queen Latifah would have been a perfect Heimdall.

Stacy Dash as Thor

Maybe slide a bit of racism in the movie and cast a white actor to play Sif. Dan Akroyd as Sif.

:insane:

It's not as if Marvel's version of Asgard and it's God's sticks strictly to Norse myths, is it?

No, but that's not the point. I like Samuel Jackson as an actor, but Nick Fury is not a black dude ( I think he is in the Ultimate U, but I don't read that ).

It's not as if Marvel's version of Asgard and it's God's sticks strictly to Norse myths, is it?

You're right. I bet Naomi Campbell wouldn't be near as big a person_without_enough_empathy if they cast her as a white woman. hm

No, but that's not the point. I like Samuel Jackson as an actor, but Nick Fury is not a black dude ( I think he is in the Ultimate U, but I don't read that ).

What is the point then?

You're right. I bet Naomi Campbell wouldn't be near as big a person_without_enough_empathy if they cast her as a white woman. hm

Didn't realize you had a Naomi fetish.

Black or white Naomi?

How much of Heimdall's face do you actually see. I don't think I have ever seen him without that huge helmut. This group is no different than the group complaining about the lack of black villians. I think they get too much press and the OP was too much.

BTW, I like the Queen Latifah idea. hm

Black or white Naomi?

Either works for me.

You're right. I bet Queen Latifah wouldn't be near as big a person_without_enough_empathy if they cast her as a white woman. hm

Didn't realize you had a Latifah fetish.

Black or white Latifah?

Either works for me.

Interesting..... hm

Black or white Naomi?

Either works for me.

You're on.

You're right. I bet Queen Latifah wouldn't be near as big a person_without_enough_empathy if they cast her as a white woman. hm

Didn't realize you had a Latifah fetish.

Black or white Latifah?

Either works for me.

Interesting..... hm

Yes dear.