• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did someone just get the deal of the month or...

9 posts in this topic

I brought the comic to a convention in NYC back in 1999 and it was graded at Fine/Very Fine. The corners are solid, very good coloring, the staples are decent, and the only flaw is a minor crease in the upper left corner. The comic has been in my possession for over 15 years and has had no restoration done to it.

I wonder if he means he bought it in 1989. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

hard to say from the very small/unclear scans on this one. since a true fine guides for $750 and FF's are hot, why would you sell a 7.0 with a BIN of $500??

the Avengers poses the same problem, although the scans are bigger. hard to tell what the grade should be, but i'm guessing the 7.0's are overstated.

the TOS is the only one without a BIN and you have to have the same concerns with it. 893frustrated.gif

Nice touch with the surgical glove

Not if he's a proctologist. 893whatthe.gif

Comic sniffers better be careful! 27_laughing.gif

...are they looking at a purple label in the next 30 days? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I just missed it... frown.gif

both the FF#5 and the Avengers #1 BIN'd for $500. either someone got great deals or we're looking at retso/overgrading. still, if the books are not resto'd even 4.0 - 4.5's wouldn't be bad at those prices............ confused-smiley-013.gif

I brought the comic to a convention in NYC back in 1999 and it was graded at Fine/Very Fine. The corners are solid, very good coloring, the staples are decent, and the only flaw is a minor crease in the upper left corner. The comic has been in my possession for over 15 years and has had no restoration done to it.

I wonder if he means he bought it in 1989. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

He brought it to NYC in 99 not bought it in 99. makepoint.gif