• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ignore the "critics" - Tron LEGACY was AWESOME!

72 posts in this topic

Do not be swayed by what the critics are saying if you are on the fence about watching this movie.

It was a visual and auditory masterpiece. And there was nothing wrong with the plot.

Were there some questions that surfaced in the movie? Of course, but if you're going to question reality in a movie that is about a human being sucked into a computer world, you might have some issues.

Definitely some blends of Matrix and Star Wars - but I don't think they were too over the top.

Go see this movie!

Dudes, I'll freely admit my geeked-out joy re. this one! :D

I fondly recall c.1985 we had a "Movie Day" at school just before Holiday break and Tron was one of them. The A.V. folks were geeked-out themselves as they got to use the school's new top-load VCR, w/ a sweet wired-remote! lol

Tried to catch a 10pm IMAX-3D last night and was denied = :news:SOLD OUT! :news:

So, I grabbed a pair of tix for 7pm tonight... for $31. :eek:

Nope, don't care - we catch maybe 6-8 theater viewings per year, I'm taking my shot for IMAX & 3D! :takeit:

Of course, but if you're going to question reality in a movie that is about a human being sucked into a computer world, you might have some issues.

Ah, the common refrain of the wounded fanboy. :roflmao:

Every single movie has their own reality, and it must stick to it. Like in Spider-man, we are told that of his super-powers and must respect that particular "movie reality" but if Spidey suddenly starts flying around, MJ shape-shifts or Aunt May lifts a truck then it betrays its own specific reality and should be called out for it.

Daredevil had a great bit like that, where he is shown to have a radar sense and can easily "see" thugs even in the dark (not to mention that ultra-lame park fight with Elektra), yet at the end, he's "blind" against the Kingpin until it starts raining and he 'sees" the Kingpin from the water drops hitting him.

If he needs water reflection to see, how the :censored: did he do all that other stuff in the movie then?

If Tron did something like, making things up to fit -script changes, etc., to totally betray its own "movie reality" then it deserves the critical hammering.

Daredevil has sonar not radar. It was the sound of the water hitting the Kingpin not the water itself.

He was able to see in the train station by hitting the posts with his Billy club.

Daredevil has sonar not radar. It was the sound of the water hitting the Kingpin not the water itself.

He was able to see in the train station by hitting the posts with his Billy club.

:sumo:

Vince is just mad she wouldn't accept his token of affection.

0625fox.jpg

:baiting:

Of course, but if you're going to question reality in a movie that is about a human being sucked into a computer world, you might have some issues.

Ah, the common refrain of the wounded fanboy. :roflmao:

Every single movie has their own reality, and it must stick to it. Like in Spider-man, we are told that of his super-powers and must respect that particular "movie reality" but if Spidey suddenly starts flying around, MJ shape-shifts or Aunt May lifts a truck then it betrays its own specific reality and should be called out for it.

Daredevil had a great bit like that, where he is shown to have a radar sense and can easily "see" thugs even in the dark (not to mention that ultra-lame park fight with Elektra), yet at the end, he's "blind" against the Kingpin until it starts raining and he 'sees" the Kingpin from the water drops hitting him.

If he needs water reflection to see, how the :censored: did he do all that other stuff in the movie then?

If Tron did something like, making things up to fit -script changes, etc., to totally betray its own "movie reality" then it deserves the critical hammering.

The Grid is a programmer created world so it isn't against the realm of possibility for basically anything at all to happen. The programmer can write whatever he wants to occur, so there shouldn't really be anything that is "too" difficult to comprehend.

I saw Tron in Imax 3D and enjoyed it. The visuals were great and I liked seeing a modern view/ interpretation of life on the Grid . That being said there were plot elements that did seem a little weak (and a bit religious). The ending was so so, even though I know they left it open for a sequel. I would rate the movie a solid B. I saw it at 10:00am and paid $9.00; I felt it was well worth the money.

The movie is visually stunning but otherwise pretty tedious.

The plot is boring, the pacing is bad, and the dialog is ridiculous.

This is actually the only reason to see the movie. I didn't really care about the plot at all. The movie could have been just music and I would have been in heaven,