• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ignore the "critics" - Tron LEGACY was AWESOME!

72 posts in this topic

I saw it Friday night , IMAX 3D, and I thought the movie was pretty good but I thought there could have been alot more 3D or at least more moments where stuff really popped out at you... The previews (Green Hornet, Thor, and Animal Movie) that were also in 3D in my own opinion were better than Tron's 3D

I thought Tron's 3D was so-so.

it wasn't the horrid post-production "billboarding" 3D that ruins a movie, but at the same time, it was very tame and didn't add much to the movie, outside of a few scenes.

IMO, that sums it up; the 3D didn't suck, but it didn't really add much to the movie either.

it was meh at best. i watched it in 3d and half of it wasnt 3d and the other half wasnt amazing. i hate the 3d fad, i just dont understand it and cant wait till it ends. I had to watch in 3d since it was the only option they had at the time.

Now away from the 3d hate, the movie is called tron, yet tron is there for maybe 10 mins total. wasnt a bad movie but i think ill stick to watching the first

Daredevil has sonar not radar. It was the sound of the water hitting the Kingpin not the water itself.

He was able to see in the train station by hitting the posts with his Billy club.

So even if they retconned his radar sense to sonar for the movie, how was he able to do all the other stuff like beating up all the perps, switching condiments, that lame park-fight with Elektra, and pretty well act like a sighted person for the entire movie?

From Marvel.com:

Along with the enhancement of Daredevil’s normal senses, he has gained another sense which he calls his Radar Sense. According to one theory, this sense reacts to an emission of electromagnetic energy a mutation in his brain has caused, reading the reverberations of this energy as a 360º, 3-D map of objects.

I have not seen it and I am not going to see it.

I talked to a 21 year old who saw it last night and he said he wanted to walk out it was so bad.

21 is too young to have nostalgia for the original. I'm going to try to catch this in IMAX, if I can find time. The trailer alone was a very pleasing combo of pretty pics and nostalgia.

Saw it on the IMAX Saturday and I wish I saved my money I fell asleep about 45 minutes in. Sure the visuals and soundtrack were good but the story was lame I just didn't care for any of the characters and it felt like it was trying to be like the original Matrix. Hopefully Jeff Bridges will redeem himself with True Grit :wishluck:

Daredevil has sonar not radar. It was the sound of the water hitting the Kingpin not the water itself.

He was able to see in the train station by hitting the posts with his Billy club.

So even if they retconned his radar sense to sonar for the movie, how was he able to do all the other stuff like beating up all the perps, switching condiments, that lame park-fight with Elektra, and pretty well act like a sighted person for the entire movie?

From Marvel.com:

Along with the enhancement of Daredevil’s normal senses, he has gained another sense which he calls his Radar Sense. According to one theory, this sense reacts to an emission of electromagnetic energy a mutation in his brain has caused, reading the reverberations of this energy as a 360º, 3-D map of objects.

He still has remaining super-enhanced senses. Smell, hearing, taste, touch. He can smell the condiments. The park fight was in a city surrounded by noise. When he's fighting someone, he's listening to their heartbeat and the sound echoes, hearing their breathing, smelling their perspiration... even feeling the air/wind when they move.

Most of all, it explains his talking like Spider-man during fights generally...

I saw Twilight Eclipse on Saturday and it was HORRIBLE! :insane:

And as horrible as it was, it was still miles better than the other two Twilight movies. doh!

He still has remaining super-enhanced senses. Smell, hearing, taste, touch. He can smell the condiments. The park fight was in a city surrounded by noise. When he's fighting someone, he's listening to their heartbeat and the sound echoes, hearing their breathing, smelling their perspiration... even feeling the air/wind when they move.

So they actually changed his powers for the movie so that he has limited sonar, and suddenly went "blind" while fighting the Kingpin, who BTW, was talking, smashing items and pounding on Daredevil during it. Go watch it again (if you dare) and compare the ambient noise levels to the park scene.

IMO, there was nothing shown in the "OMFG I'm totally blind and have to sit on the floor helpless" Kingpin battle that differed from any other scene in the movie, where DD/MM moved and reacted like a sighted person.

Does the Kingpin not have a heartbeat? Can he not hear his voice? Does his 600lb frame not create a disturbance in the air? WTF?

I also never saw anything that stated the movie Daredevil's powers were any different than the comic book, and it has always been like I posted from Marvel.com, that Daredevil has a true radar sense.

I can't imagine paying 13 dollars to see special effects, but whatever floats your boat.

At a genetic level, the creative and imaginative faculties of the current generation are almost nonexistent, so studios are tapping into this and producing "fireworks display" movies to tap into their lesser cognitive abilities.

I am serious, this has been written about and it was a topic of conversation at medical/speech pathology Christmas parties with my wife's cronies. doh!

I don't blame them, as movies are a business, but it also makes me shake my head when the same studios cry about drops in DVD and Blu-ray sales - suckers may lay down $13 to go on a date with friends, who in their right mind would pay $30 for a Tron Blu-ray? :screwy:

So they actually changed his powers for the movie so that he has limited sonar, and suddenly went "blind" while fighting the Kingpin, who BTW, was talking, smashing items and pounding on Daredevil during it. Go watch it again (if you dare) and compare the ambient noise levels to the park scene.

IMO, there was nothing shown in the "OMFG I'm totally blind and have to sit on the floor helpless" Kingpin battle that differed from any other scene in the movie, where DD/MM moved and reacted like a sighted person.

Does the Kingpin not have a heartbeat? Can he not hear his voice? Does his 600lb frame not create a disturbance in the air? WTF?

I also never saw anything that stated the movie Daredevil's powers were any different than the comic book, and it has always been like I posted from Marvel.com, that Daredevil has a true radar sense.

He didn't go blind. Here's the clip. You can clearly see that he "sees" the Kingpin. He just sees MUCH BETTER with the water. It's a tactical advantage.

(Sorry to everyone else for talking about Daredevil in a Tron thread...)

I can't imagine paying 13 dollars to see special effects, but whatever floats your boat.

At a genetic level, the creative and imaginative faculties of the current generation are almost nonexistent, so studios are tapping into this and producing "fireworks display" movies to tap into their lesser cognitive abilities.

I am serious, this has been written about and it was a topic of conversation at medical/speech pathology Christmas parties with my wife's cronies. doh!

Sad but true. God forbid I ask my kids to go outside, or find something to do that doesn't involve a computer or other tech device.

Saw it on the IMAX Saturday and I wish I saved my money I fell asleep about 45 minutes in. Sure the visuals and soundtrack were good but the story was lame I just didn't care for any of the characters and it felt like it was trying to be like the original Matrix. Hopefully Jeff Bridges will redeem himself with True Grit :wishluck:
I told one of my friends I would take him to a movie this week hoping he would say True Grit since it opens on his birthday but he has suggested Tron :( He's never seen the original and kept calling it Legacy. How do I now convince him to skip this and go see True Grit or The Fighter ? :jokealert: Not actually looking for advice, I know what to do, ignore his phone calls :grin: