• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official Batman / Detective Comics Collecting Thread

146 posts in this topic

I like this thread. I like the original Bane from VOB. I really liked the Knightfall storyline. :acclaim: In honor of that story......

:o

WOW!

I agree! :headbang:

Wow, thanks fellas (thumbs u How much do you think I'll get when I sell it a month before the next Batman movie? :jokealert: The Knightfall storyline remains pretty high on my list of Batman stories, especially from the Copper time period.

Right now, with the crazy prices Batman: Vengeance of Bane is bringing in, I can only imagine what a Batman 497 CGC 10.0 would go for.

But if you ever want it back, that could be the challenge later.

Right now, with the crazy prices Batman: Vengeance of Bane is bringing in, I can only imagine what a Batman 497 CGC 10.0 would go for.

I really can not believe what that book is bringing! I refuse to view anything from this era as anything other than dollar box fodder!

It's totally nuts!

9.8 copies sold on here for $50 just months ago, and now it goes for $180 (+)?! And raw NM copies selling regularly for $40-$50 on Ebay??!!

Talk about the market showing how nuts it can be at times.

I really can not believe what that book is bringing! I refuse to view anything from this era as anything other than dollar box fodder!

Hater :slapfight: And I still wish I had all the copies I sold over the last

20 years as dollar fodder.

There was a $250 sale a month or so ago, and to be honest with some copies listed at $400 it's not surprising. I had mine listed at $200 for a couple of weeks, then when two turned up at $400 I dropped the price to $175 and it went instantly. I can't see the book ever going over $250 to be honest, but I suppose they could be famous last words.

I can't see the book ever going over $250 to be honest, but I suppose they could be famous last words.

Don't ever underestimate the market's ability to shock the heck out of you. There's always those folks that will pay anything to own the next big fad.

Plus, you should have gone with your original idea, and posted your copy as "Tom Brady's role preparation bathroom reading copy." $400 instantly!

:sick:

I would have had your 9.8 Gav..... oh well!

It sold just before you bought TKJ mate, if I'd known it would have been yours. Sorry Chris :sorry:

cool thread. i've got every 'tec from 495-to current (except 502 & 504). i love the stories and covers. knightfall was a great idea, just not executed well imo. still decent read. no mans land was great. the fever storyline was wonderful.

I have to admit I loved every issue of Knightfall up to Bane breaking Batmans back. Of course if you had read Venom, Vengeance of Bane and the stories involving Riddler on Venom leading upto Knightfall it helps.

I think the early parts of Knightfall really showcased Bane as a thinker instead of just another version of say, Killer Croc. The guy was determined, intelligent and put together a plan that took down the Dark Knight.

I felt that it ran out of steam beyond that, the whole Az-Bats thing, him taking Bane down quite easily always annoyed me somewhat. Then Knight-Quest really didn't do much for me either. Knightsend picked things up if you could get past the "healing of Bruce's back".

Bane was always my favouite villain as I was reading Batman at that time but was so dissapointed with how he was handled post Knightfall/pre-Secret Six. His role was diminished, remember in Knightsend when it shows a quick clip of Bane being terrorized by Bats and whispering "He's back".

Vengeance of Bane II went onto restore Bane to somewhat of his former glory with him kicking the habit of drugs and kicking the mess out of KGBeast :)

Legacy and Bane of the Demon had me thinking he was returning to mainstream Bat-verse but after that just seemed to dissapeared into obscurity again until a small role in No Mans Land. Secret Six has redefined the character IMO.

Sorry, don't know how this turned into a Bane post!

I barely scraped $50 for my copy which was signed by all the artists.

I've got another couple of raw copies stashed away so might have to dig them out.

Raw copies signed by the artists???