• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official Batman / Detective Comics Collecting Thread

146 posts in this topic

I really loved all the Kelly Jones covers on the Knightfall storyline. They will always rank high on my list of favorite copper Batman covers. I had these signed since they both feature Bane. I would love the get the KGBeast storyline in cgc 9.8 someday :cloud9:

003-1.jpg[/img]

002-2.jpg[/img]

Yeah, Adam (Peter Palmer) really hooked me up by taking all of my books from Knightfall that were KJ covers and getting Kelley to sign them. The 14 year old in me still gets giddy when I go through those books now.

:headbang:

just curious, were individual issues of Batman: The Cult really $10-$15 books (I'd guess arounf 1989 - 1992? (I was out of the loop then))...run into a some in the cheap-o boxes with these sorts of price tags...always amusing to pay pennies on the 1991 dollar, but there's probably no reason to have more than a couple of each issue though...

funny thing, i can ignore spawn 2s for 50 cents each all day (or the cerebrus issue or a few others that were hot for 10 minutes) because I was around for that nonsense and saw the plummet

I seem to recall them being pretty well in demand. They're in that blasted prestige format which = younger readers weren't allowed to read them in the store as we'd end up causing the crease. meh

But I was glad to have recently picked up a set for myself this year. Fine enough books, but not what I'd call a Top 5 storyline.

I only bought them a couple of years ago myself, full set at a 9.6+ quality. Won't get them slabbed though. After I had bought them I found issues #2-4 in a box! Typical.

Sold the 1st print trade on eBay not so long ago. A time of Batman where the stories were more for adults, this along with Shaman, Prey & Gothic.... early LOTDK, good stuff.

Yeah, after Bane is weened off Venom he turns into a right fatass and is thrown into Blackgate prison where KGBeast is being held at the same time.

I have to go back and read this story. Totally forgot about KGBeast.

I think I might be one of the few Batman collectors that looked and looked for these particular copper books in slabbed condition. (shrug) Again, because I really like the Knightfall/Knightquest stories. These are the platinum editions. (thumbs u

001-12.jpg[/img]

002-11.jpg[/img]

001-12.jpg

002-11.jpg

Boozad is going to flip over that 492. I received my two copies directly from the editor back then due to a Boy Scout event I worked with them on.

I'm divided on whether I will ever want to send them in.

I think I might be one of the few Batman collectors that looked and looked for these particular copper books in slabbed condition. (shrug) Again, because I really like the Knightfall/Knightquest stories.

No, I did myself. I landed the majority of the Knightfall run in 9.8, some SS, but the Platinum was one that eluded me. I'll settle for raw copies now as my slabbed collection has gone so a 9.4 #492 Platinum wil make me happy.

It just guts me how much my CGC 9.4 went for last year...

That 492 Plat is a beaut!

I've only got a VFN raw copy.

If you ever want to sell it drop me a PM :)

OK (thumbs u In the meantime, I don't know when the copper age officially ends, so does this book count as copper? In any case what do you guys think of it? I love the Mignola art, and I really like the Elseworlds concept. This cover is pretty awesome too.

007-4.jpg[/img]

Gotham by Gaslight has always been one of my favourite elseworlds tales, not only that but one of my favourite Batman tales along with Gothic.

Funny, I only notice now looking at the scan that it has an introduction by Robert Bloch. As I am reading the "Yours Truly, Jack the Ripper" series.

While I love he cover art to the Holy Terror, I definitely felt like the storyline was much more rushed in comparison to Gotham by Gaslight. It was a very interesting premise and all, but just didn't quite come together for me the way I had hoped it would.