• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Un-Official Nik Grading Contest Crying Room

111 posts in this topic

Black is notorious for looking worse in a scan that it does in hand. There may be a few more black covers to try your hand at in the upcoming rounds. :whistle:

I wonder if a non colour breaking spine tic on a glossy black cover, might reflect light from the scanner and appear to be colour breaking?

Black is notorious for looking worse in a scan that it does in hand. There may be a few more black covers to try your hand at in the upcoming rounds. :whistle:

I wonder if a non colour breaking spine tic on a glossy black cover, might reflect light from the scanner and appear to be colour breaking?

Yup. And the cover doesn't have to be black, either. I've had it happen quite a few times.

Contestants: 76 wildly speculative guesses submitted so far. [/b]

On that note, I wanted to thank Doc and Sacko (and joeypress?) here for running the contest and letting us maniacs have a little fun.

joeypress. lol ... meh

GACollectibles is in there somewhere as well.

Oh, and let's not forget CGC. They graded the contest books at no charge. (worship)

On that note, I wanted to thank Doc and Sacko (and joeypress?) here for running the contest and letting us maniacs have a little fun.

joeypress. lol ... meh

Oh, and let's not forget CGC. They graded the contest books at no charge. (worship)

Thanks, CGC! That's an extremely nice thing to do. :foryou:

I said 9.0.

A 9.2 wouldn't have surprised me but I still wouldn't put it at a 9.4. I think I should bump the grades on the stuff in my online store. :insane:

I said 9 also.With that bottomleft corner and the back top right corner being creased it seemed about right,Oh well bring on the next book!

Yes... like a lot of these perhaps... :o :o :o

I think I'm a grade off on this one and didn't really start thinking that until I took a third look at the book.

I'm quickly becoming a fan of the picture frame by the way! :)

And that was great of CGC to do that! (worship)

joeypress. lol ... meh

Get whatcha pay for ? hm

joeypress. lol ... meh

Thanks, CGC! That's an extremely nice thing to do. :foryou:

I echo that sentiment! The time all of you are putting into this contest and CGC stepping up and graded these books for free is what makes this place so great!

joeypress. lol ... meh

Get whatcha pay for ? hm

The books were selected to provide the most diverse contest experience. I was quite pleased with how the grades turned out. :banana: