• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Un-Official Nik Grading Contest Crying Room

111 posts in this topic

Okay, I could see this anywhere in the 9.2 to 9.6 grade, but really who guessed 6.0?

Anyways, I saw it as a 9.2 and bumped it to the 9.4. So I lucked out there.

You really want to know ???

Above a 7 with that lower right corner bend? Spine creases ??

Yeah that was me picking a 6. Actually pegged it at a 7, but

I always think of myself wish as liberal with black covers.

Totally agee I did not grade it above 8.0

I think these books should have been submitted in an assumed name so there would be no B U M P

I gotta send in all my books now... lol

WEBHEAD

I like all the stats that are showing up.. I think the contestants should put together a stats on our guesses and the graemlins that we get in response.. 24 Rounds of being laughed at, thumbed up, I bet we could find the pattern

A scan can both magnify and hide defects.

This is true. I was trying to figure out whether there was a bump at the bottom edge of the front cover as well.

Yeah, that grade shocked me. I chose 8.5 solely on the basis that Overstreet says no corner creases on a 9.0 or better. Still it's fun to play this.

I am totally with you.I said 8.5 too as many spine ticks and a corner crease? I need to get a bunch of books graded right away while they are grading soft. hm

That's what I thought as well. Wanted to say 9.0 but thought it couldn't be with the corner crease and those spine ticks so lowered it to 8.5.