• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which boardies do you want to give a shout out to this year?

202 posts in this topic

I would like to give a shout out to the boards as a whole. While there are a few popular well known board members everyone likes to praise there are also a lot of quiet, behind the scenes members that will help you out, offer advise, and give information without acknowledgment or praise simply because they wish to remain anonymous. Its hard for me to single out those one or two individuals as I have spoken to many via the phones, PMs, and in person. So I would like to thank everyone for a fun interesting year.

I would like to give a shout out to the boards as a whole. While there are a few popular well known board members everyone likes to praise there are also a lot of quiet, behind the scenes members that will help you out, offer advise, and give information without acknowledgment or praise simply because they wish to remain anonymous. Its hard for me to single out those one or two individuals as I have spoken to many via the phones, PMs, and in person. So I would like to thank everyone for a fun interesting year.

+1

:P

I'd like to send a shout out to Scrooge. He totally sold me on Lorna comics way back in January. He was very open to answering tons of questions about GA comics, and he even sent me a copy of Lorna #14 at no charge. Michaël, you rule! (By the way, he also included a copy of Men of Tomorrow, a great book about the early days of comics that should be required reading for everyone on the boards. I later passed the book on to Comicalgems.)

I'd also like to send a shout out to Theagenes. He probably doesn't remember the short exchange about graded Conan comics, but his advice totally steered me in the right direction, and although I haven't bought any of the big boys yet, he helped ensure I got off to the right start with Conan.

Skynwalker totally rules, too! Marc sold me some great comics in HG that I had read as a kid, and he continually sends me updates about comics he plans to sell from the Copper Age in case I wanted to add them to my collection. His grading is spot on, too.

And then there's dicjones. He's a Bears fan, which I try not to hold against him. But he had an interesting picture in his signature, and after asking about it, we've developed a pretty cool little friendship. He's a great guy with an addiction for Daredevil, which is never a bad thing. And he's a great artist, too. He even sent me a piece he did of Dejah Thoris. Great guy that dicjones!

People whose posts I enjoy the most...

seanfingh, RockMyAmadeus, Boozad, r1970d, showcase-4, GAtor... and others that I can't think of right now...

people whose books I enjoy looking at the most...

adamstrange, cheetah, BangZoom and Theagenes, GAtor, MrBedrock, with honorable mention to comicopolis for that wonderful collection of Weird Tales he posted earlier in the year...

People I met or know personally and enjoyed whatever small amount of time I was able to spend with them this year...

lookwhoitis, capt_comics, ciorac, GAtor and pinball.

People that I have had great transactions with this year...

DaleRoberts, capt_Comics, JohnnyG, subliminal, harvdoss, flatrock02, EvilUncle, comicnut, Alanna, Wrightson_Fan, Strongguy, Atlas_fan, count, 143ksk, DarthCorgi, edgerx, Scrooge, Paratrooper, CDA_Bruce, TupennyConan, Toz, coinaddict, DiceX, rjpb, ArAich, Reverend, Snake_Eyes, pointfive, voorhees, namisgr, bronzilla, EggsAckley, MisterX, fuelman, comicdey, TheREsurrection, comixnoir, ivegotneatstuff, djpinkpanther67, Comicsarefun, skypinkblu, griz, thehumantorch, silver, mrlatko, jayman, ecfanman, bonds25, turtleboy23, alecholland, JVR11, zuckuss2003, lonetree, comicolpolis, BustedFlush, SPIRIT_RADIO, shadroch, phil50, seanfingh, bubbagump, Jaymole, HOTFLIPS, chainnball... WOOO! Thanks for the purchases, and the fine books, ya'll!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

I was going to type them all out but to keep it short, everyone who offered condolences in this thread Loss of my brother or donated to my niece's fund, and tomega who I hope is also a little further along dealing with his own loss.

Not that I have ever been a major poster, but since that time, I really haven't been as involved in comics or this board. I check here from time to time for a smile or two, or even to get a dose of drama, but it's been a craptastic last six months.

To everyone else, thanks for the witticisms, introspection, opinions and occasional douchebaggery .. hope to "see" more of you next year.

God bless and Merry Christmas,

Barry

I'd just like to give a shout out to all of you knuckleheads.

Every one of you make this place something special.

And Richard...my favorite tall Texan. :luhv: One day he's going to

let me pry away one of his awesome books.

Another Texan who helped me purchase a grail of mine with great

patience and I owe WrightsonFan a big thank you. (worship)

Enjoy that fancy new car, you deserve it. :applause: :applause:

I forgot my DC war buddy Jeffro who has been a pleasure

with his great sense of humor and his awesome books. Another

member I consider a friend. (thumbs u

A member I've never purchased a book from or exchanged a PM

with and NewEnglandGothic just seems like a very classy

guy and a great board member. I hope one day to have a transaction

with him. That's with comics of course. :blush:

One day or one year I hope to attend a big comic con and buy a

round for many of the board members at a forum dinner. :wishluck:

I already posted this a week or so ago, but thought it would be ok to repost here...

I wanted to give some end of year kudos and take the time out to say a few things.

I never did get to formally apologize to Burntboy (Harry) and Dale Roberts back in 2009 when everything in m,y life went to hell. I was buying FF #1 from Harry and had commited to a very nice FF#5 from Dale. To you both I sincerely apologize for having to back out of the deals, and failing to keep you informed of what was happening..

I would also like to show thanks and appreciation to some of the Boardees around here who still make this a great place to be.

To those who have shown patience with me and sold me some great books that I otherwise could never have gotten - Nick (Flaming Telepath), George (JiveTurkeyMoFo), Bob (namisgr) and also Cristian (CdaBruce), and everyone else who accepted my ridiculously pathetic time payment arrangements.

To Kenny (Ze-Man) for letting me share in signing nik's cel. Thanks bro.

To those when I came back who gave me advice, constructive criticism and words of encouragement - Greggy, Bob (bomber-bob), Barton (GhostTown), David Miller, Tom Moore, Fay, Steve (rube11), Marc (Skynwalker), Dave (thehumantorch), Christian (Darth Corgi), Steve (DiceX) and everyone else I may have forgotten

To Richard Evans (MrBedrock) - To everyone who doesnt know, he is a great dealer and a great person to hang out with. Every year that I have participated in Secret Santa, he has always been there to help out. If anyone ever gets stumped on what to get someone, be sure to hit him up.

To Flee for his help on my avatar(s)

I would also like to give a special thanks to Dan Drummond (drummy) who is a good friend and is the epitomy of what makes these Boards a great place.

I...I got mentioned!! :) My comic hobby is now complete! Thank you oh kind sir!

J/K :foryou:

I'd like to give a shout out to all the lurkers. One day, if you're able, maybe you'll join this motley assemblage and add your voice. (thumbs u

I'd like to give a shout out to all the lurkers. One day, if you're able, maybe you'll join this motley assemblage and add your voice. (thumbs u

When the day is long and the night, the night is yours alone,

When you're sure you've had enough of this life, well hang on

Don't let yourself go, 'cause everybody cries and everybody lurks sometimes

Sometimes everything is wrong. Now it's time to sing along

When your day is night alone, (hold on, hold on)

If you feel like letting go, (hold on)

When you think you've had too much of this life, well hang on

'Cause everybody lurks. Take comfort in your friends

Everybody lurks. Don't throw your hand. Oh, no. Don't throw your hand

If you feel like you're alone, no, no, no, you are not alone

If you're on your own in this life, the days and nights are long,

When you think you've had too much of this life to hang on

Well, everybody lurks sometimes,

Everybody cries. And everybody lurks sometimes

And everybody lurks sometimes. So, hold on, hold on

Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on

Everybody lurks. You are not alone

Just a quick holiday shout out to some of the boardies that keep me coming back here, despite the fact that I'm not really collecting these days. You all know why you're on the list.

In no particular order:

Bronty

seanfingh

Spiderman-on-Tilt

DrWatson

Flaming_Telepath

Pontoon

RockMyAmadeus

chrisco37

fantastic_four

delekkerste

Bronzebruce