• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK 181 CGC 9.9?
1 1

488 posts in this topic

This assumes it's a sale or an all cash deal. Who knows the specifics, but frankly, I am skeptical of most sites with little transparency -- too many stories of "sales" that never really happen.

^^

Hate to be too cynical but some places have earned the skepticism.

Ok, so the reason I bought this and paid the full price was because I am trying to get an example of Hulk 181 in each grade there is an example of currently.

That's actually a hell of a better reason than the economics professor gave for buying the New Mutants in 9.9 for $12k. :)

I would bet that Roy is right and a deal was brokered below the 150k despite what it says on the clink. I'll be shocked if it actually went for over 125k.

I actually didn't comment on whether the book sold for below or $150K or not, just that sometimes negotiations and sales happen outside of the exchange and they then get posted as completed sales on the exchange.

And there are crazy rich people to presume that even a crazy person would limit themselves to not buying this is full hardy.

As opposed to the less spendthrift half-hardy.

And there are crazy rich people to presume that even a crazy person would limit themselves to not buying this is full hardy.

As opposed to the less spendthrift half-hardy.

A full-hardy man is good to find, said the lady.

Ok, so the reason I bought this and paid the full price was because I am trying to get an example of Hulk 181 in each grade there is an example of currently.

The lengths people will go to to win the grading contest.

lol That made me laugh!

If the seller were to look at the responses in this thread, I think it would motivate him to sell it at the $80,000 price being offered. ;)

assuming the 80k bid is "real". :gossip:

I question alot of bids I see.

If you go to comic link right now and run a search on Amazing spider-man 226 cgc 9.8.

You have 1 copy with a misrap that a seller wants $528.00USD for & to top it off we have a bid at $375.00USD.

Secondly we have another copy with pretty much perfect centering, but with OW/W pages at $60.00USD for the Sell price. Not a bid on it.

Now wouldn't the guy that bid 375USD on the 1st copy just buy the one for $60???

Some things just blow me away. Now I don't think that's the site involved in any way whatsoever. But the person that consigned the 1st copy could very well have a friend jamming in a pretty hard and ridiculous bid to entice some dummy to pay alot more and create a bidding war.

Maybe this is the same scenario. Maybe not.

Time will tell I guess.

My response of 25k was just from a search in another thread here. Someone said it was sold for 25K in 2007. Doesn't seem right to me though.

It may have sold for that, but it wasn't in 2007.

Think the vendor was asking $45k for it at SDCC around 2005 so would be surprised it he accepted a "low ball" offer of $25k straight cash. (shrug)

Which is exactly why I said what I said. If it sold for $25k it was long before 2007. (thumbs u

Sold in 2002(?) by the Hawaiian guys - can't remember their name.

600% in 9 years is a pretty damn good return!

I'm not usually one of the conspiracy guys but this does seem damn fishy to me. I cant for the life of me understand how it jumped from 92k to the 150 asking price in 1 leap. If the guy bought it for 25k, there is no possible way he wouldnt have taken 125-140k, no way!

Actually over 9 years, it's a 22% IRR... pretty good in anyone's language.

But ya, knowing who was selling it, it's a fishy dela most likely.

Josh would off load his own mother for a margin!

My response of 25k was just from a search in another thread here. Someone said it was sold for 25K in 2007. Doesn't seem right to me though.

Think the vendor was asking $45k for it at SDCC around 2005 so would be surprised it he accepted a "low ball" offer of $25k straight cash. (shrug)

Which is exactly why I said what I said. If it sold for $25k it was long before 2007. (thumbs u

I'm not usually one of the conspiracy guys but this does seem damn fishy to me. I cant for the life of me understand how it jumped from 92k to the 150 asking price in 1 leap. If the guy bought it for 25k, there is no possible way he wouldnt have taken 125-140k, no way!

Speaking of fishy, did you ever send Bill his book or a refund?

hm

You're not being sanctimonious, are you....?

hm

You're not being sanctimonious, are you....?

:angel: