• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK 181 CGC 9.9?
1 1

488 posts in this topic

I believe 25k.

REALLY?!?!?

if thats the case, BRAVO to the seller! I definitely would have caved at 92k and took the almost 70k profit!

600%, you cant beat that! When did he buy it does anyone know?

My response of 25k was just from a search in another thread here. Someone said it was sold for 25K in 2007. Doesn't seem right to me though.

It may have sold for that, but it wasn't in 2007.

Think the vendor was asking $45k for it at SDCC around 2005 so would be surprised it he accepted a "low ball" offer of $25k straight cash. (shrug)

My response of 25k was just from a search in another thread here. Someone said it was sold for 25K in 2007. Doesn't seem right to me though.

Think the vendor was asking $45k for it at SDCC around 2005 so would be surprised it he accepted a "low ball" offer of $25k straight cash. (shrug)

Which is exactly why I said what I said. If it sold for $25k it was long before 2007. (thumbs u

No way this is real, and it's probably a PR stunt to get all the funny book nerds fired up and calling out the CL brand name - and it worked!!

I for one, would like to know payment was made before marking this up as a sale.

Which is exactly why I said what I said. If it sold for $25k it was long before 2007. (thumbs u

Sold in 2002(?) by the Hawaiian guys - can't remember their name.

Sold in 2002(?) by the Hawaiian guys - can't remember their name.

600% in 9 years is a pretty damn good return!

I'm not usually one of the conspiracy guys but this does seem damn fishy to me. I cant for the life of me understand how it jumped from 92k to the 150 asking price in 1 leap. If the guy bought it for 25k, there is no possible way he wouldnt have taken 125-140k, no way!

Why the hell would someone jump right to the 150k asking price??? I dont care how much money you have to spend on comics, savings 10k(or more) is A LOT!

Edited by sufunk

Why the hell would someone jump right to the 150k asking price??? I dont care how much money you have to spend on comics, savings 10k(or more) is A LOT!

It's possible that Josh was negotiating a deal in the back ground and posted the sale once both parties agreed on price.

It's possible that Josh was negotiating a deal in the back ground and posted the sale once both parties agreed on price.

Thats what i figured but it has the sale price as 150k on the site (shrug)

In my mind, there is no possible way that sold for 150k, maybe, MAYBE 125k but even that would surprise me.

In my mind, there is no possible way that sold for 150k, maybe, MAYBE 125k but even that would surprise me.

When dealing with a one of a kind item what matters is what the person who wants it the most is willing to pay. You are seeing things through the eyes of the many. But the average joe did not buy this. The person who had the most financial resources who really wanted this is the one who bought it. It is easy to figure what a group of people will trend to. It is impossible to read the mind of one solitary figure, and figure out what he is willing to pay.

When dealing with a one of a kind item what matters is what the person who wants it the most is willing to pay. You are seeing things through the eyes of the many. But the average joe did not buy this. The person who had the most financial resources who really wanted this is the one who bought it. It is easy to figure what a group of people will trend to. It is impossible to read the mind of one solitary figure, and figure out what he is willing to pay.

No, i understand that but it still seems odd to jump from 92k to the FULL asking price IF that is what happened. I dont care if you are a billionaire, you probably didnt get there by throwing money away. With the bid at 92k, why would anyone buy it for the full 150k instead of offering 120,130 even 140k which almost definitely would have gotten the book.

I would bet that Roy is right and a deal was brokered below the 150k despite what it says on the clink. I'll be shocked if it actually went for over 125k.

No, i understand that but it still seems odd to jump from 92k to the FULL asking price IF that is what happened. I dont care if you are a billionaire, you probably didnt get there by throwing money away. With the bid at 92k, why would anyone buy it for the full 150k instead of offering 120,130 even 140k which almost definitely would have gotten the book.

I would bet that Roy is right and a deal was brokered below the 150k despite what it says on the clink. I'll be shocked if it actually went for over 125k.

But the extremely rich throw away their money each, and every day they are alive. Whether it be furniture, decoration, parties, or any number of things designed to get the rich to throw away money. So now just because it is a funny book, all of a sudden the rich can't throw away their money? Crazy knows no bounds. And there are crazy rich people to presume that even a crazy person would limit themselves to not buying this is full hardy.

Remember the New Mutants 98 that went for $12,500? People thought that was a bogus sale until the buyer came forward. Of course this board boiled him alive for it. But none the less he came forward. Again, it was a solitary figure going against the grain. I presume this is the case as well. Again understanding group behavior is easy.

The real trick is understanding the individual. They at times can go against societal perceptions. Perhaps this buyer wasn't even investing in the comic. Did that thought even cross your mind? Perhaps he was willing to get the comic at any cost possible. There are people like that. Not everyone will have the same view on what something is worth. You need to understand that. One of a kind items can, and often have provided exceptions to the rule.

Edited by homerwannabee

[

Remember the New Mutants 98 that went for $12,500? People thought that was a bogus sale until the buyer came forward. Of course this board boiled him alive for it. But none the less he came forward. Again, it was a solitary figure going against the grain. I presume this is the case as well. Again understanding group behavior is easy.

You make me smile so often. Thank you.

:cloud9: