• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Surfer Collection Showroom (finally)!

32 posts in this topic

Awesome! Love it! (thumbs u

Bet that's a great chick magnet :kidaround:

Probably as effective as "Hey sweet cheeks, I'm the head grader at CGC." :baiting:

It's more effective than the "Hey sweet cheeks, I'm the ex-head grader at CGC."

Both lines work for me on Watson, Greggy, The Dude, & Chainball all the time! ;)

Really is a great room and, yeah, a piece of Surfer OA would really tie the room together!

Only if you're buying.

As much as I agree that these display cases are cool, you must have UV protection or those books will start to fade in a very short time.

Cool. Dark. Dry. That's the formula you must follow for the proper preservation of comics. Incandescent, florescent or sunlight - they all emit ultraviolet - it's cumulative and can't be reversed.

I had to search for this post to mention that room is 110% awesome.

I would look into UV protection like the above poster said even if the room only has artificial light. As much as it may be a PITA you could probably replace those glass inserts with UV plexi. If you want to go $ then look for UV glare free glass that gives you next to zero reflection.

EDIT: Scratch that. It would be way too much work. Try to protect the case itself. Is there some type of film that is UV protective that can be applied? Like a cut sheet film that will not impact the viewing of the comics? I've had to deal with a lot of art and UV in my past. It's a headache. If you want to brainstorm drop me a line.