• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stan Lee is 88 years young.

24 posts in this topic

(thumbs u

At the grand age of 88, Stan Lee has comic projects in double figures from several publishers and is, reportedly, getting his hands dirty with most of them.

At comic conventions he is in heavy demand, with more signings, panels and public appearances than any other comic creator.

At the last San Diego convention he was five minutes late for the Archie panel because he needed major dental surgery that morning. And still rocked the house.

There’s a superstition that goes when Stan Lee stops working, so will comics…

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/12/28/happy-88th-birthday-stan-lee/

I just looked at stans twitter & saw nothing about his birthday lol

:o

According to Comicvine it is his Bday ( Birth: 28/12/1922 )

Stan just seems like the type of guy who would say something about it ... Maybe he is too busy out partying to tweet

Wow, I didn't know I had the same birthday as Stan Lee!

You really are a shill account for Stan aren't you? hm

I'm going to need to see a picture of you and Stan together before I think otherwise.

... hm

Excelsior!

Drat, I shouldn't have said that.

Wow, I didn't know I had the same birthday as Stan Lee!

You really are a shill account for Stan aren't you? hm

I'm going to need to see a picture of you and Stan together before I think otherwise.

... hm

Excelsior!

Drat, I shouldn't have said that.

:popcorn::roflmao:

Stan tweeted about his birthday late last night:

"Thy beloved Generalissimo doth hereby thank thee all for the kind birthday wishes thou hath tweeted him. Although--- There cometh a time when one wouldst fain not be reminded of one’s age. Still, my warriors, I be most deeply appreciative. Excelsior"

I like what Mark Evanier wrote about Stan Lee yesterday. I thought he hit the nail on the head.:

[font:Verdana]Today's Stan Lee's birthday. You can find out how old he is with about two seconds of Googling but if you've seen him the last few years, you won't believe the number. I saw him about two weeks ago and he still radiates as much energy as any character who ever appeared in a Stan Lee comic.

I enjoy watching him in action these days. He's very, very good at being Stan Lee...very good at being a celebrity, shaking hands, signing autographs. I'm not sure who's getting more of a thrill out of it — Stan or the people he meets. A few months ago at San Diego, I was invited to be on a panel with him and I didn't say a lot. I just sat there on the dais watching the audience staring at him and smiling and thinking how they were going to go home and tell friends — for the rest of their lives, probably — "I got to see Stan Lee in person." Of all the characters he created or co-created, the most colorful is still Stan Lee, himself. He's also the most incredible and I hope he goes on being Stan Lee for a long, long time.[/font]