• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what shows are you looking forward to in 2011 and why?

37 posts in this topic

Ohter than small local shows, I don't get to many.

I'm looking forward to the Boston (4/30-5/1) show because it's fairly close to me and the lineup is looking pretty awesome.

The Wizard CT show will be in August. I'm looking forward to this because I desparately want there to be a (at least somewhat) major con in my state. I'm keeping my expectations low though.

As a dealer, Megacon is easily my favorite. I did 3 Wizard shows in 2010 as well as Heroes, and probably lost money at all of them. (I actually had different reasons for doing each of them, so the money issue wasn't the only consideration.) AdventureCon was actually o.k. except for the stupid tax sheet from the town in the last hour of the show. The one days in Salem,Va have often been good shows for me, although every once in a while I don't do good there. There are a lot of smaller shows that I don't do because they want too much for tables. Hickory has been bad for me lately, as well as the Heroes' one day Jan show.

Too much dumping of stuff from .10 to .50. I think that ruins shows.

Other than Megacon, I don't know which, if any, shows I'll be doing in 2011 other than local stuff.

Megacon.

Literally in my Backyard.

New York Comic Con.

Where I"m orginally from and a nice guest list when it comes to commissions. Allready talked to Erik Larsen to do something and of course to finally get a painted Gabrielle Dell'otto Spidey.

Emerald City (would like to try to go this year)

C2E2 (definitely going)

WonderCon (although I probably won't make it)

Pittsburgh (maybe - a friend wants to drive down)

Boston (looks great!)

Toronto Comic Arts Festival (early May - in my backyard)

Calgary Comic Expo (we're presenting the Joe Shuster Awards there)

San Diego

Montreal Comic-Con

New York Comic Con

That's pretty much it. I assume I'll be working at the Toronto ComiCON free admission all-weekend Fan Appreciation event in early April and at Fan Expo Canada in late August

ECCC - Great city and a very good show

C2E2 - First Time to go and my son is able to go also.

Heroes - The best all comics show and close to home.

Baltimore - good times

Cincy comic expo - was great last year for a one day show.

So far I've got my airplane tickets & hotel for the following shows:

Jan -

Amazing Arizona Comic Con

Wizard World New Orleans - Never been to NO, looking forward to it.

Feb -

Wizard World Miami - I get to see an good old friend From Seattle who now lives in Boca - She was a bartender at the Seattle Pioneer Square Saloon in the early nineties and is now a partner in a major law firm. Gotta love growing up. :cool:

Mar -

Emerald City Comic Con - Seattle, my 3rd home :cloud9: + probably the most underrated show on the West Coast - glad to see they added Friday.

C2E2 - My favorite Con of 2010... good times. :banana:

April -

Wondercon SF Always a good show.

Trying to get to these shows also in the spring -

Megacon in Orlando

Kapow! in London - Would love to meet some overseas boardies and it's a good excuse for me to visit a couple of friends I haven't seen in awhile nearby.

There's going to be an announcement in early January re: some changes that have been made for Fan Expo Canada 2011.

I loved the town and the con would have been great if not for the overcrowded show floor and general lack of organization.

There's going to be an announcement in early January re: some changes that have been made for Fan Expo Canada 2011.

I loved the town and the con would have been great if not for the overcrowded show floor and general lack of organization.

At the very least the show will be back to the traditional space in the South building where there's room to expand the show floor and have a proper food court. The entire South Building has been booked. We can also bring back a proper VIP entrance to the show floor and we won't have the issues with elevator access to the show floor that we did in North as the exhibit level has a large overflow area outside of the con floor. There are some new faces that have been brought in behind the scenes to work on organization / communication and the ticket processing problems. The main news has to wait until the official January announcement and beyond.