• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which big time superhero do you dislike the most?

157 posts in this topic

Hey, I like the Legion of Super Pets! And Aqualad too before he reached his teens and started to take himself more seriously.

(tsk)

Krypto was fine and I could understand Supergirl having a pet, but Bippo??? What was up with the chimp.

On that point I agree. Supergirl might be entitled to her cat and a pony can be a girl's best friend but the chimp was ridiculous.

:)

The hero I dislike the most is Captain America.

First of all, his jingoistic All-American outfit just rubs me the wrong way.

Secondly, he burst on the scene on all those Nazi and Jap fighting covers and I've always thought that mixing superheroes with the war genre was bizarre.

Thirdly, the artwork on the DC heroes that survived the war evolved to a more polished look by the late forties. But Captain America didn't survive much beyond the war so his renditions didn't progress beyond the comparatively crude.

Fourthly, after being resurrected in the sixties, he continued to fight some Nazi, the Red Skull! Excuse me "But the war ended twenty years ago!" were my thoughts at the time.

Finally, Marvel almost immediately had the Cap assuming the leadership mantle of the Avengers - despite the fact that he'd been frozen in an iceberg for some nineteen years and was very clearly still living in the past! Arrrrggghhhh!!!

rantrant

Oh yeah? Well I hate Captain Canuck :P

I don't much like Captain Canuck either. But neither was he in-your-face big-time.

:makepoint:

That's it. You are hereby banished to live your life in Canada. :sumo:

May God have mercy on your soul. :wishluck:

Sentry, lame Marvel attempt at a Superman.

I agree, and I think he should get a special asterisk for Marvel B.S.. The Sentry was touted as a "long lost Stan Lee Silver Age creation" and hyped as such. Turns out it wasn't at all, and Joe Q planned the "hoax" from the beginning to retcon him into the Marvel universe. Another lame gimmick/marketing ploy from Marvel :sick:

Wikipedia: "Marvel promoted The Sentry limited series as the first appearance of an unknown Stan Lee Silver Age hero; Lee agreed to pretend that he had created the character and forgotten about it. Comic book magazine Wizard: The Guide to Comics participated in the hoax, reporting that Marvel had discovered sketches by a forgotten artist named "Artie Rosen" (a reference to letterers Artie Simek and Sam Rosen) of a superhero created by Stan Lee that predated the Fantastic Four"

I can not really think of one at the moment ... Oh wait I kind of hate deadfool...

ah deadpool... Deadfool is alright depending on the writer but I simply can't stand how much marvel is pimping him out these days .... I duno why it just bugs the out of me seeing him on every single freaking marvel cover out there just about ...

I generally hate superman but it depends on who is writing him really ... For example I am currently at hardcover #3 of superman new krypton & enjoying the heck out of it... I hate how most people write him like a wus ! He has GOD like powers if someone throws a car at him he shouldn't get thrown back & smashed into some building! The car should go crunch & fall down ... lol

<-- that kind of thing bugs me about him but at least in new krpton he has a reason for being a wus

I can not really think of one at the moment ... Oh wait I kind of hate deadfool...

ah deadpool... Deadfool is alright depending on the writer but I simply can't stand how much marvel is pimping him out these days .... I duno why it just bugs the out of me seeing him on every single freaking marvel cover out there just about ...

I generally hate superman but it depends on who is writing him really ... For example I am currently at hardcover #3 of superman new krypton & enjoying the heck out of it... I hate how most people write him like a wus ! He has GOD like powers if someone throws a car at him he shouldn't get thrown back & smashed into some building! The car should go crunch & fall down ... lol

<-- that kind of thing bugs me about him but at least in new krpton he has a reason for being a wus

+ 1

[font:Book Antiqua]The X-men

The whole...

I am different...

Nobody understand me

the whole world it’s against me... :cry:

What are they...

Emos or Mutants....

Please accept yourself and move on.[/font]