• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2010 Nik Memorial Grading Contest *Round 6*

327 posts in this topic

How about NOT posting census data? That would fall under HELPING OTHER PEOPLE with the grading. Everyone needs to make their own way.

Exactly, and like Spoilers they can choose to read the thread or not.

Remember, this is exactly why Nik got CGC to withhold his books for one contest, as the hardcores are always looking for an edge, and since the data is freely available anyway, I don't see the harm in evening the playing field. (shrug)

All this does is help people who were undecided between 6.0, 6.5 or 7.0 NOT pick a grade that doesn't even exist.

Do not post the census data, JC.

At least I don't cheat. :acclaim:

You're saying I did?

No, but a lot of those 7.0's are very suspicious, as they are the outliers compared to the standard grade given by the majority of respondents.

Whenever you see that, coupled with the fact that the7.0 grade is easily surmised from the Census data alone, it all makes you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm hm

I originally thought it to be a 6.0, rounded up for the CGC grade. I didn't cheat, .

Ohhh Doc, Mr Tough Guy called me a *spoon* and made it all personal. :roflmao:

:hi:

At least I don't cheat. :acclaim:

You're saying I did?

No, but a lot of those 7.0's are very suspicious, as they are the outliers compared to the standard grade given by the majority of respondents.

Whenever you see that, coupled with the fact that the7.0 grade is easily surmised from the Census data alone, it all makes you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm hm

I originally thought it to be a 6.0, rounded up for the CGC grade. I didn't cheat, .

Ohhh Doc, Mr Tough Guy called me a *spoon* and made it all personal. :roflmao:

:hi:

Drop it.

There is NO RULE that says you cannot use external data or that you can't compare it to other CGC slabs or do "research".

Perfect, then I will be posting CGC Census data for all books (in a separate thread) and evening the playing field for everyone.

Thanks for posting that Sacko, and that's really all I wanted to hear. I was under a different "gentleman's agreement" assumption about this contest, but no skin off my nose, as I'm killer with numbers and statistics.

Geez...you suck more than anything's ever sucked before....

I remember kids like you when I was growing up...actually...it would be more correct to say that I've forgotten about kids like you when I was growing up...

Guys,

This is a MEMORIAL grading contest held in Niks honor. The rest of us cannot and will not police what is done outside of these boards to come up with your final grade. That is up to each and every individual. The contest is to have fun and allow others to enjoy both our successes and failures with our guesses and raise some money for charity when all is said and done.

Lets make it a success.

There is NO RULE that says you cannot use external data or that you can't compare it to other CGC slabs or do "research".

Perfect, then I will be posting CGC Census data for all books (in a separate thread) and evening the playing field for everyone.

Thanks for posting that Sacko, and that's really all I wanted to hear. I was under a different "gentleman's agreement" assumption about this contest, but no skin off my nose, as I'm killer with numbers and statistics.

I remember kids like you when I was growing up...actually...it would be more correct to say that I've forgotten about kids like you when I was growing up...

Doc, at what point do you stop this, or can I "get personal" to these constant attacks as well? (shrug)

Guys,

This is a MEMORIAL grading contest held in Niks honor. The rest of us cannot and will not police what is done outside of these boards to come up with your final grade. That is up to each and every individual. The contest is to have fun and allow others to enjoy both our successes and failures with our guesses and raise some money for charity when all is said and done.

Lets make it a success.

Good point, so let's not allow a few bad apples to ruin a pretty fun contest. :applause:

Doc, at what point do you stop this, or can I "get personal" to these constant attacks as well? (shrug)

As you are aware, all I can do is ask that something not be done. It's difficult putting the genie back in the bottle as people typically follow by example.

Okay guys, let's drop all of this now. Thank you.

I have better things to do, like posting nipple pics in the Water Cooler.

Thank you... again. :hi:

Not an attack...merely an observation....

Not an attack...merely an observation....

Sure, and I can make an observation about an angry nerd who is pizzed he got beat up 24/7 in the playground when he was a kid.

Oh I've forgotten more about kids like you, * sniff sniff * lol

Guys,

Lets make it a success.

+1

if one wants to use all available info/data to "cheat" then so be it...the fun of the game for me is a challenge on my own skills or lack of.

Like games, I have friends that need to find the cheat codes asap so they can blow through a game without having to "figure" it out...I on the other hand, prefer to get frustrated and beat up my screen a few times before I give up or conquer the game.

Guys,

Lets make it a success.

+1

if one wants to use all available info/data to "cheat" then so be it...the fun of the game for me is a challenge on my own skills or lack of.

Like games, I have friends that need to find the cheat codes asap so they can blow through a game without having to "figure" it out...I on the other hand, prefer to get frustrated and beat up my screen a few times before I give up or conquer the game.

+1 I refuse to use the census,and make it on my own steam.

Guys,

Lets make it a success.

+1

+1 I refuse to use the census,and make it on my own steam.

+2

I'm with ya. I don't need any census to come in last.

DR.X

Hey Toro, how in Gods name did you give that book a 7????????

C-E-N-S-U-S :gossip:

I never even thought to check, as I'm trying to play this above-board.

Wow! You guys are friggin great people. So if you said 7.0, which I did, as did so many others then you cheated. Sorry Vince and everyone else I do not cheat. I saw it as I posted my grade as a 6.5 and since I didn't bump the last grade, I bumped this one, which is in my PM.

I guess these people need to be branded as cheaters too, so lets put there names out there since they also said 7.0. (let me first say that I am not saying any of you cheated, but according to some you must have)

sterlingcomics

prodigy44

machinHD

Worldsbestcomics

Rodey

loboagain

AlexH

pastandpresentcomics

Mr.Diggler

Dark Knight

comicwiz

shadroch

byosti

Tsimanga

Timmay

Norrin Radd

G.A. tor

He11blazer

canikus

bryan91

comicdonna

I have been consistant over all of the years in all different grading contests, I came in 3rd in the 2005 St. Louis Comic Forum's grading contest (which had PGX books in it and they didn't have a census at that time! Well how could I have gotten those right? I also won the first NOD comic triathlon which was only 1/3 grading. )

The grading contests, no matter where I placed has always been fun. But the friggin negativity in here right now really sucks big time. Now I understand why greggy quit it that year.

Nik held these contests because he loved doing it and he loved this forum. I used to have the same feeling, right now I am questioning that. I won't pull a Flaming Drama Queen exit from the contest, but I sure as heck won't apologize if I get a book right.