• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2010 Nik Memorial Grading Contest *Round 6*

327 posts in this topic

I'm a movin on up!

Me too, nailed it. :whee:

First time you've ever nailed anything without dropping a C-Note. :insane:

Your mom took less. :whee:

Oh....

lol

lol

I'm a movin on up!

Me too, nailed it. :whee:

First time you've ever nailed anything without dropping a C-Note. :insane:

Your mom took less. :whee:

Yeah, but she's a lousy lay.

I expected so much more. :(

Maybe Doc, Sacko and the crew should just cut to the chase and post the Census numbers alongside the book, just to help even the playing field?

What, and miss all the bitching, moaning and gnashing of teeth? Not for all the tea in China. rantrant

This round will close at 8PM Tuesday night.

Tomahawk 116 OFF-WHITE TO WHITE pages.

Tomahawk116f.jpg

Tomahawk116b.jpg

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

This is no longer a grading contest. It's a see-who-can-throw-the-dart-the-straightest-while-blindfolded contest. :/

Looks like an ebay 7.0 to me. :banana:

This round will close at 8PM Tuesday night.

Tomahawk 116 OFF-WHITE TO WHITE pages.

Tomahawk116f.jpg

Tomahawk116b.jpg

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

This is no longer a grading contest. It's a see-who-can-throw-the-dart-the-straightest-while-blindfolded contest. :/

Looks like an ebay 7.0 to me. :banana:

:signfunny:

At least I don't cheat. :acclaim:

You're saying I did?

No, but a lot of those 7.0's are very suspicious, as they are the outliers compared to the standard grade given by the majority of respondents.

Whenever you see that, coupled with the fact that the7.0 grade is easily surmised from the Census data alone, it all makes you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm hm

I will not have you singling out an individual and accusing them of cheating. Is that clear?

I am not accusing him specifically, but I will state that some people are, and if that rubs you the wrong way, then boot me out of the contest.

I don't play with cheaters, so it's no big loss.

You're saying I did?

So what if he is. Do you honestly give a hoot what he thinks or says? If you do, can I ask why? You were right, and he was wrong. But he can't be wrong, so the contest is either fixed against him or everyone cheated.

There is NO RULE that says you cannot use external data or that you can't compare it to other CGC slabs or do "research".

This contest is what you make of it. You don't have to compete with the others. You only have to compete with yourself.

And maybe some learning will take place and you will all end up better graders. (thumbs u

I will not have you singling out an individual and accusing them of cheating. Is that clear?

I am not accusing him specifically, but I will state that some people are, and if that rubs you the wrong way, then boot me out of the contest.

I knew I sensed a flaming drama queen exit coming. Run along, little boy.

You can hypothesize all you want, but no one will single out any specific individual.