• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2010 Nik Memorial Grading Contest *Round 6*

327 posts in this topic

This is a game...

It's just a game...

I was stressing about it, the first couple of tries and really screwed up. I will do that again..

You think I'm stressed about the contest? lol

I am actually worried about getting Bronze Age CGC 9.4's in the mail that look like Book 1. :o:o

I would too... :ohnoez:

after all, WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THEM?

They'd scare my other books;)

This is a game...

It's just a game...

I was stressing about it, the first couple of tries and really screwed up. I will do that again...

My ONLY aim is to be the highest ranking female in this game;)

There's something very rhymy about your post.

Sure, I can check the census, invert scans, etc but then you are no longer just grading from a scan with a level playing field.

I've avoided doing that even though I know it's what some people do. I thought it was a form of "cheating" myself.

If everyone is doing it maybe I should start.

Obviously people are using all CGC Census/grading notes data and techniques available to them, as the level of precision some are showing is impossible in a straight "grade the covers" type contest.

I remember in one of Nik's contests, someone told me to the effect of "I initially graded it 9.4 but then I checked the Census and there were no books above 9.0, so I graded it a 9.0". (the right grade BTW). doh!

It's up to you whether you join in to keep up with the Joneses.

I seem to recall that with Nik's contests, CGC withheld the graded books from the census until after contest. So even though the census showed a 9.0 as the highest grade, it's possible the contest book could have been a higher grade.

Am I mistaken about this?

I seriously hope the census hasn't been updated to include the current book!

The scanned CGC book will be delayed tonight. Joey's mom grounded him and he can't get on the computer until after supper. Look for the scan around 9:30 PM EST. Sorry for the delay. :foryou:

What Doc said is true if you replace my Mom grounding me with having to work late.

Boozad, you can go to bed knowing you blew it.

The scanned CGC book will be delayed tonight. Joey's mom grounded him and he can't get on the computer until after supper. Look for the scan around 9:30 PM EST. Sorry for the delay. :foryou:

What Doc said is true if you replace my Mom grounding me with having to work late.

Don't try to make it sound macho. :eyeroll:

Don't try to make it sound macho. :eyeroll:

If I did that I would have said I was shaving my back...with a chainsaw.

I knew I'd overgraded it from the second I hit submit. I can live with it. I'm not interested in anybody else's whining, I already know it was the scans.

These contestants have been eliminated or are not participating this round

Am i in the top 100 yet... :acclaim:

You are on the verge of breaking into the Top 100 Danish contestants.