• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic subscriptions

29 posts in this topic

I am debating on subscribing online for my monthly titles. I am tired of my LCS overlooking an issue here or there, happens probably twice a month and then I have to track it down on ebay or wherever.

I collect 6-8 or so monthly titles, I have used Marvel for subscriptions in the past. But with Marvel you can't get any one-shot's or limited series. I would also like to save a little on my moderns since 2.99/3.99 is getting crazy!

Where are some good places for subscriptions?

If you think I will have better luck with this question in the modern section let me know and I willl move it. Thanks.

I'll throw my hat in for the DCBS guys. They have been real good and fixing any sort of problems I've had. Had some damaged books and they sent me a new one in my next order free of charge and not wanting the other one back.

DCBS has three different bag and board options, ProBags & Boards, Mylites & Half Backs, Mylites2 & Full Backs for .12, .30, and .50 per book

I almost changed to on-line, but I found another store near me. Sometimes he misses a book, but he can always order another and it makes it in 2 weeks later. If by chance he can't get it I can go to a store I really hate and get it from them.

I realized that I would miss the face to face comic talk that I've had over the years at the stores. Debating story lines, debating against the CGC haters and talking with the few at the store who are pro CGC. Kind of like being in here, but not having to type. lol

I'm with MailOrderComics since early 2006 and It's been a pleasure so far. Michael and all the staff are really good and helpful. They usually answer questions really fast and thei customer service is top-notch.

The web is simple but reliable, but they're revamping it this year.