• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF "Three"

82 posts in this topic

Am I missing something here?

Why are these raw books with the signatures so valuable? is there something to distinguish them from a regular book that Hickman signs at a con?

Its the joy of the hunt and its new. Imagine when Superman died if they would have done something similiar? I think its an original idea. You pay $4 and get a chance at an auto. A rare sketch would have been even cooler.

Why are these raw books with the signatures so valuable? is there something to distinguish them from a regular book that Hickman signs at a con?

Its the joy of the hunt and its new. Imagine when Superman died if they would have done something similiar? I think its an original idea. You pay $4 and get a chance at an auto. A rare sketch would have been even cooler.

They are doing what they have been doing in modern baseball/football cards boxes and packs,If you can go look up Albert Pujols/Tom Brady chase cards on Ebay, these go for big money. I was thinking about this the other day,even if a comic book has a print run of 10,000, it really isn`t considered rare, take the Danbury Mint and Franklin Mint as examples they market limited collectables at 10,000 and that stuff is not considered to be rare collectables by any means,so why would anybody think modern comics will be considered rare collectables ? That`s why the comic industry are doing the variant and chase covers so modern collectors keep some interest.

Now with that being said does anybody know the print run of the chase auto FF 587? lol

wow this issue was weak. One page Torch is all " i'm gonna kick all the butt thrown at me" the next page he's taking a nap. I know he was up against impossible odds, but the pacing on this issue was complete garbage. I don't get all the hickman love. Johnny tells the Thing to say something to Reed, but he doesn't even mention anything to say to his sister???

The would be Mr. Wade of Wade's Comic Madness. He is a great guy with an awesome comic shop in PA. I don't think he's a member of the boards though. If you can't tell from the logo, he collects Cap stuff. Has tons of Cap all over his shop, it is very cool.

They are doing what they have been doing in modern baseball/football cards boxes and packs,If you can go look up Albert Pujols/Tom Brady chase cards on Ebay, these go for big money. I was thinking about this the other day,even if a comic book has a print run of 10,000, it really isn`t considered rare, take the Danbury Mint and Franklin Mint as examples they market limited collectables at 10,000 and that stuff is not considered to be rare collectables by any means,so why would anybody think modern comics will be considered rare collectables ? That`s why the comic industry are doing the variant and chase covers so modern collectors keep some interest.

Now with that being said does anybody know the print run of the chase auto FF 587? lol

You are dead on the money. I was just struck the other day that this is like the sports card insert craze... and I don't think we've seen the last of it. It's a new way to get increased revenue from a decreased customer base.

Isn't he supposed to be the FF's most powerful member, according to UFF?

At various points, Johnny, Ben and Sue have all been called the most powerful member.

I just went to my LCS, first time this year. I was only going to pick up the last couple issues of Walking Dead but I noticed some bagged copies of FF 587 on the shelves, cover price. I picked up one copy. Did the hoopla die down ? I thought these were sold out, selling for a premium, etc. If so, the speculation didn't last long.