• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF "Three"

82 posts in this topic

Or maybe they'll go real crazy and kill off Reed, Sue, and Johnny, leaving the Thing to rebuild a brand new team... until Reed, Sue, and Johnny resurface thanks to some convoluted plot twist. They waited 2 years on Steve Rogers (a yr longer than I predicted) so I expect 24-36 months on this one...

Or maybe they'll go real crazy and kill off Reed, Sue, and Johnny, leaving the Thing to rebuild a brand new team... until Reed, Sue, and Johnny resurface thanks to some convoluted plot twist. They waited 2 years on Steve Rogers (a yr longer than I predicted) so I expect 24-36 months on this one...

I heard all 4 die and they start a whole new reboot, Could it be just a fanboy rumor?

hm

FYI

It is currently out of print & going to backorder before shipping.

Let the games begin.

Respectfully

Larry Doherty

Larry's Wonderful, Wonderful World of Comics n such.

978-459-5323

larryscomicsinc@aol.com

http://larryscomics.net

http://facebook.com/larryscomics

http://twitter.com/larryscomics

CBSA.png

http://forums.delphiforums.com/cbsa

Comments:

No surprise at all.

Human Torch was the most common pick. What's even LESS SURPRISING is Joe Quesada's comments. :eyeroll:

Joe Quesada, Marvel's chief creative officer, recognized that death, while potent, is not necessarily lasting and that the death of a character in comics has turned out "to be very cliche" in plot developments.

"Whether the human torch comes back or not is really a question that will be answered in time," he said.

"While I will never discount that a character can come back from the dead because it is one of the staples of comic book story telling . I'm not going to tell you if he will, or when he will and if he does, how he will, but I can assure you that it's going to be very, very interesting and not what anyone expects."

OMG! It's not what anyone expects. Hmmmm.... lets see. You're probably going to bring the original Human Torch back 1st. lol

yes, but Reed will have saved his consciousness (a la Caprica) and he will be implanted into the body of the Golden Age human torch, so things won't change much, except he won't be such the ladies man, at least until they get him into the flesh 'n bone clone body Reed has been brewing in the basement of the Baxter Building. all Reed needs is a single cell with some DNA to be able to replicate him. this is all pretty easy.

criminey, they should pay me to come up with this stuff!

The death isn't the sad part, the dealers (in the UK at least) charging $20 upwards on release day is the really sad part.

We've had to pull ours and email our regular customers to make sure they get one.

This adds to the speculation fuel unfortunately but we've been hit with multiple purchases (at cover price) today from people who've never shopped online with us before and probably never will again.

Like Cap #25 they'll sell for a premium for a month or 2 then the fuss will die down & all the people paying over the odds for a copy will be wondering why they bothered :-(

The death isn't the sad part, the dealers (in the UK at least) charging $20 upwards on release day is the really sad part.

We've had to pull ours and email our regular customers to make sure they get one.

This adds to the speculation fuel unfortunately but we've been hit with multiple purchases (at cover price) today from people who've never shopped online with us before and probably never will again.

Like Cap #25 they'll sell for a premium for a month or 2 then the fuss will die down & all the people paying over the odds for a copy will be wondering why they bothered :-(

The fact that there are customers who continue to support this type of sales tactic is the sad part to me. :cry:

Comic shops are going to sell books for the price people are willing to pay. Collectors should know by now what the risk is buying this type of book.

If you were a collector in the 90's and you buy 2 of these comics, one to read and one to keep in the bag, well..... :roflmao::roflmao:

And another thing, the people buying this issue just because of the death are the reason they keep doing this carp! (tsk)

The fact that there are customers who continue to support this type of sales tactic is the sad part to me. :cry:

Comic shops are going to sell books for the price people are willing to pay. Collectors should know by now what the risk is buying this type of book.

If you were a collector in the 90's and you buy 2 of these comics, one to read and one to keep in the bag, well..... :roflmao::roflmao:

And another thing, the people buying this issue just because of the death are the reason they keep doing this carp! (tsk)

But there aren't! These are speculators trying to make a fast buck.

Our customers order on specific days of the week. We know this as they've been doing it for the last 5 years. If we left these on our website at cover price, customer Z from Scotland wouldn't be able to order one on Friday when he normally orders.

Luckily for him, we know he orders on Fridays, we know he orders FF every month and we've emailed him with an update and reserved him a copy.

Check the ebay US sales on this... One ebayer states this is for one copy. You would at least question this before you bought 2?

No... the sold listings show someone bought 15 copies.

1 buyer 25 copies on this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fantastic-Four-587-Polybagged-Death-Issue-NM-Preorder-/300512799071?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f7f5695f#ht_500wt_922

Speculators almost killed this market once, why dont they "insert abuse here"

Could care less really.

FF is my least favorite Marvel Team book. They havent been able to right that ship since Byrne left in my opinion and thats a long time.

Other then Waid having a very touching moment in the FF 60 relaunch with his daughter this book has been dead for years. Kill it and be done for once. Try Reed and Sue doing something different for once. They need to shake it up dramatically and try some new stuff.

So after reading it:

Why do we believe Johnny died other than they told us he did by the "Last Stand of Johnny Storm" title.

He just got left in the negative zone and covered in a swarm. Yes, it was heroic, perhaps even poignant, but it was hardly definitive. There isn't even a body to bury. My guess, and it's sad that I'm saying this because I would have said that the FF's last 12 issues were the best for that title in a really long time, is that his return has something to do with 'Fear Itself'; this doesn't feel permanent at all. Johnny's going to show up with a beard and a new found "edge" pretty soon.