• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shark's Surgery Sale

378 posts in this topic

As many of you know already, I posted a thread in Comics General about needing surgery to have half or maybe even all of my thyroid gland removed. There are 2 large nodules in the left lobe and we're not sure if they're cancerous or not. They'll find that out immediately after removing the left lobe. If cancerous, they'll then remove the remainder of the thyroid gland and I get to take another pill the rest of my life. :P

I'm still unemployed and don't have health insurance any more, so I have to foot the bill myself. The surgeon and hospital have given me some big discounts, but I still need to come up with about $4,000 just to schedule the surgery and around $9,000 to completely cover the entire cost of the surgery.

So I'm selling books....lots of books. I'm even selling books I had planned on keeping for quite some time but this is now more important. I don't have a bunch of high grade keys or anything like that, but I will be offering some key books and a bunch of higher grade raw books I had planned to eventually send in to CGC for grading.

I'm trying to keep prices as reasonable as possible on these books. The :takeit: has priority over PM's in process and in this situation is obviously preferred.

Shipping

I can ship up to 3 slabs in the USA for $10.00 via Priority Mail box. Shipping of slabs to other countries will be via 1st Class Mail International in a box and will be priced according to weight and location. All slabs are surrounded with bubble wrap.

I can ship up to 6-7 raw books in a Priority Mail envelope for $5.00 and up to 40 books in a Medium Flat Rate Priority Mail box for $11.00 in the USA only. All raw books shipped outside the USA will be via 1st Class Mail International and will also be priced according to weight and location. I can ship 1 to 3 raw comics to Europe and Australia for as little as $5.00. (thumbs u

Thanks in advance for any books you buy from this thread. Each purchase just gets me that much closer to being able to have the surgery. (thumbs u

I also have a post in the Comics Market area about books listed in my eBay store. So go check those out as well. :)

I'll start out with some slabs first and it will be hodge-podge after that. You never know what I'll list next. The majority of my raw books are at a storage unit so I'll have to run back and forth if you want certain titles listed.

Mike

Fantastic Four #48 CGC 5.0 $149.00SOLD!

1st appearance of somebody named the Silver Surfer and another guy named Galactus. :baiting:

:gossip: If I remember correctly, this was the 1st slab I ever bought.

FantasticFour48CGC50.jpg

Fantastic Four #48 CGC 5.0 $149.00

1st appearance of somebody named the Silver Surfer and another guy named Galactus. :baiting:

FantasticFour48CGC50.jpg

:takeit:

Thats a very nice looking copy for a 5.0

Arghhh. You beat me to the punch.

FantasticFour48CGC50.jpg

you can have it if you want it. I have one already, I'm just trying to help the cause.

FantasticFour48CGC50.jpg

Thanks to tortoise for the 1st sale in the thread! (worship)

FantasticFour48CGC50.jpg

you can have it if you want it. I have one already, I'm just trying to help the cause.

Really? That's rather kind of you. Let me check my copy when I get home and I'll let you know.

Cheers!

(thumbs u

FantasticFour48CGC50.jpg

Really? That's rather kind of you. Let me check my copy when I get home and I'll let you know.

Cheers!

(thumbs u

(thumbs u

FantasticFour48CGC50.jpg

Cheers!

(thumbs u

(thumbs u

And for a WINGS fan no less.... :devil:

FantasticFour48CGC50.jpg

Cheers!

(thumbs u

(thumbs u

And for a WINGS fan no less.... :devil:

Just cause it not playoff time yet :sumo:

Flash #105 CGC 2.5 $549.00 SOLD at 10% off

1st Silver Age Flash in his own title.

:gossip: I really, really didn't want to sell this book or the next one but hey....a guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do.

Flash105CGC25.jpg

Whenever I see a thread like this it truly breaks my heart. More so now that I married a Canadian and I have witnessed first hand, the other side of the coin of the healthcare system.

Best of Luck to you Shark, hope everything turns out well.

FantasticFour48CGC50.jpg

It'd be a 7.5 in the Nik Memorial Grading Contest.

:blahblah: