• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shark's Surgery Sale

378 posts in this topic

Here's another one I didn't really want to sell but hey....chit happens.

Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos #1 CGC 4.5 $499.00

A CGC 4.0 just sold for $450 this month and a 5.5 sold for $640 in September 2010.

SgtFury1CGC45.jpg

Ah, why not..... :takeit:

Welcome to the Dark Side....of War Comics! :applause:

You do know who Andy is and what he collects?

This is so deliciously ironic, I can't stand it. :roflmao:

Yes, I do know. And he knows that I only collect Marvel WAR books and thus my satire.

;)

:screwy::grin:

Recap of what's left:

Page 2:

Flash #105 CGC 2.5 $549.00

Flash #106 CGC 5.5 $399.00

Flash #115 CGC 3.0 $49.00

Flash #257 CGC 9.6 $20.00

Page 3:

Plastic Man #11 CGC 9.0 $19.00

:o I've been blessed with a decepticon recap for the first time! (worship)

Thank you sir! (thumbs u

As many of you know already, I posted a thread in Comics General about needing surgery to have half or maybe even all of my thyroid gland removed. There are 2 large nodules in the left lobe and we're not sure if they're cancerous or not. They'll find that out immediately after removing the left lobe. If cancerous, they'll then remove the remainder of the thyroid gland and I get to take another pill the rest of my life. :P

I'm still unemployed and don't have health insurance any more, so I have to foot the bill myself. The surgeon and hospital have given me some big discounts, but I still need to come up with about $4,000 just to schedule the surgery and around $9,000 to completely cover the entire cost of the surgery.

So I'm selling books....lots of books. I'm even selling books I had planned on keeping for quite some time but this is now more important. I don't have a bunch of high grade keys or anything like that, but I will be offering some key books and a bunch of higher grade raw books I had planned to eventually send in to CGC for grading.

I'm trying to keep prices as reasonable as possible on these books. The :takeit: has priority over PM's in process and in this situation is obviously preferred.

Shipping

I can ship up to 3 slabs in the USA for $10.00. Shipping of slabs to other countries will be via 1st Class Mail International in a box and will be priced according to weight and location. All slabs are surrounded with bubble wrap.

I can ship up to 6-7 raw books in a Priority Mail envelope for $5.00 and up to 40 books in a Medium Flat Rate Priority Mail box for $11.00 in the USA only. All raw books shipped outside the USA will be via 1st Class Mail International and will also be priced according to weight and location. I can ship 1 to 3 raw comics to Europe and Australia for as little as $5.00. (thumbs u

Thanks in advance for any books you buy from this thread. Each purchase just gets me that much closer to being able to have the surgery. (thumbs u

I also have a post in the Comics Market area about books listed in my eBay store. So go check those out as well. :)

I'll start out with some slabs first and it will be hodge-podge after that. You never know what I'll list next. The majority of my raw books are at a storage unit so I'll have to run back and forth if you want certain titles listed.

Mike

Good luck Mike.Hope you make a mil!

As per the approval by Mike, these books are in my for sale thread. I am going to donate 15% of the selling price to Mike towards his medical bills. So here are the books available and scans are posted in my thread.

Steve

Again I will donate 15% of the selling price to Sharks medical bills.

Action Comics #357 9.2 c/ow $75

Adventure Comics #431 9.6 white $170 --- SOLD!

Daredevil #100 8.5 ow/w $40

Our Army At War #187 8.0 ow/w $35

Our Army At War #200 9.2 ow/w $150

Silver Surfer #5 9.4 ow/w $425

I'll :takeit: on that DD 100 for a good cause. :)

As per the approval by Mike, these books are in my for sale thread. I am going to donate 15% of the selling price to Mike towards his medical bills. So here are the books available and scans are posted in my thread.

Steve

Again I will donate 15% of the selling price to Sharks medical bills.

Action Comics #357 9.2 c/ow $75

Adventure Comics #431 9.6 white $170 --- SOLD!

Daredevil #100 8.5 ow/w $40

Our Army At War #187 8.0 ow/w $35

Our Army At War #200 9.2 ow/w $150

Silver Surfer #5 9.4 ow/w $425

I'll :takeit: on that DD 100 for a good cause. :)

You might want to go to Steve's thread and indicate that you want this book there just to ensure there is no mix up.

Between the books boardies picked up off of eBay and in this thread, the grand total for the first day was around $1,200. Not a bad start at all! Thanks to everyone so far who has so graciously bought books! (worship)

Mike

So this one is still available? Shouldn't last long, Mike. :wishluck:

Tales to Astonish #50 CGC 5.5 $50.00

Origin and 1st appearance of the Human Top.

TalestoAstonish50CGC55.jpg

Yep...it's available once again. I just learned that ComicDuck is AlleyBat/BucOne and I'm not dealing with that clown. :eek:

Keep'em coming. I've got PayPal money burning a whole in my iPad!

Bring on the GA and GGA, please. Or Archie. Or GGA of any age. I still have the money I didn't spend on Comicdey's auction when I feel asleep at the closing bell.

Keep'em coming. I've got PayPal money burning a whole in my iPad!

Bring on the GA and GGA, please. Or Archie. Or GGA of any age. I still have the money I didn't spend on Comicdey's auction when I feel asleep at the closing bell.

I don't have many Golden Age books left but I'll see what I've got. (thumbs u

So this one is still available? Shouldn't last long, Mike. :wishluck:

Tales to Astonish #50 CGC 5.5 $50.00

Origin and 1st appearance of the Human Top.

TalestoAstonish50CGC55.jpg

Yep...it's available once again. I just learned that ComicDuck is AlleyBat/BucOne and I'm not dealing with that clown. :eek:

:takeit: