• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heroes 2011

972 posts in this topic

I am thinking about attending this show (be my first time at this one, which is shocking to me). Hope to see some of you there, more than likely I will be at the CGC booth often assisting them also, so stop by and ask for JJ...

(unless you are Greggy)

I am thinking about attending this show (be my first time at this one, which is shocking to me). Hope to see some of you there, more than likely I will be at the CGC booth often assisting them also, so stop by and ask for JJ...

(unless you are Greggy)

93-77

One place that might be a nice hybrid of quiet place and environment

that is close by is this...

Cajun Queen

I love creole, so I would definitely be down for this place.

I just don't know if the food is that good or not.

:shy:

It's pretty terrible, and it's not close to the convention center... Just FYI. :)

Damn that sucks!

Are you a fan of Creole?

Do you think you just got them on a bad night?

hm

I am a fan of Creole, and I'm not sure that place has "good" nights... lol

Like I said, 131 Main is outstanding and could easily accommodate a group that size. It's pricey, but so, so worth it. (Their big thing is that they don't own any freezers, so everything is extremely fresh. Really delicious.)

You might also take a look at The Liberty, which is just down the street from downtown and is also pretty great... It's an upscale "gastropub" (for whatever that's worth these days), and I've always enjoyed it. Again, they could easily accommodate you. Don't believe the hype about the "Best Burger In Charlotte," however... That claim can only be made by Pinky's.

I'd recommend Pinky's, but they would struggle to fit a large crowd and I'm fairly certain they won't take reservations. If you're out with a small crowd, however, it's just down Morehead from the convention center and it. is. amazing. (This also applies to The Diamond which is a great diner and the offshoot of the old Penguin drive-in. Not as good as Pinky's, but still really delicious.)

Another possibility would be Mac's Speed Shop, which has some of the best BBQ in Charlotte (and this is coming from a Kansas City native, so I feel I can provide a qualified opinion on that). ;) It would easily accommodate a large group, though you might be dining outside by a band on Saturday night. However, the prices are reasonable and the food is good, so there's that.

I think someone had mentioned a British pub earlier in this thread, and I think this might be it: Big Ben British Restaurant The last I heard, this place was closed, but I see now that it's re-opened, so that's pretty exciting! I've never eaten there, but I'm looking forward to it now.

Hope this helps! :popcorn:

:news:

Well, folks - sorry about this but I am inclined to drop the Cajun Queen

out of the running. Since I am going to be in Charlotte three days I will more than

likely go there to check it out myself on my own.

BUT, since there is a seething report on this place I think we'd better choose I different

top spot. I just don't want to get anyone sick or whatever.

Anyway - out of the suggestions above let me know what a replacement restaurant

you would like (via pm please) and I will set up a final place to vote on to eat.

I am up for anything - Expensive or a Dive with any kid of cuisine...

(unless you are Greggy)

Who's your daddy??? Battier!!!

:grin:

Is there a list of exhibitors, as I sure wasn't able to find it the last time I checked the site.

xoxo

greggy

Is there anyone offering sketch / CGC services for Heroes?

Can I pick an artist, have a book delivered, sent to CGC and returned to me?

Is that demanding?

lol

Seriously, I know Joey runs around crazy for awhile Friday, can this be made to happen?