• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerry Weist

120 posts in this topic

I've heard lots of stuff about Jerry. I've heard him called the "dealer's dealer", fair, honest. Met him in NYC in Feb 2009. Truly one of the great guys in the hobby.

Never met but had several dealings with him and enjoyed his Ray Bradbury interview. One of the first to try to understand and help others understand the original art market. Devoted his life to fandom. Always looked boyish. :(

had nothing but great interactions with him at shows and on line,

very sad :(

dont forget his book, I love this book, really interesting stuff

A super nice book that spans the history of comics from the Platinum Age through to the Modern Age. (thumbs u

Although you can argue about some of the numercial rankings, it is still a nice little reference book on some of the key books in our hobby. Definitely worth it if you can pick it up at a discount price.

A very good friend and he will be missed by all.

My best to Dana and the children.

I was fortunate enough that he let me read the intro and part of the original art guide he was trying to complete (where he found the strength to work on this at all I don't know, but it shows how much he truly loved this hobby), and I hope that Dana sees fit to release it at some point in the future.

Wow, another gone to us. I have more than a few books in my collection that came from Jerry.

Always had great books and priced them very fairly. May he RIP :(

+1 across the board. :( Sorry to hear the news.

+ 2 all the way. A legend in the hobby gone too soon. :( RIP.

+3.

I am extremely sorry to hear this, very sad news indeed.

I have bought some great books from Jerry throughout the years, most will stay for a very long time in my collection. Always been a pleasure to deal with. He was a true gentleman.

My most sincere condolences to his family. :(

had nothing but great interactions with him at shows and on line,

very sad :(

dont forget his book, I love this book, really interesting stuff

Very sad indeed. I have seen that book. It is really cool.

Jerry has just passed away.

Someone who has helped our hobby in more ways than I can even say. A real pioneer with a love of comic books and science fiction that would be hard to match.

He was a brother to me. I can't find the right words to say at this moment, except that my world, and our hobby, will be worse off for his passing.

He leaves behind a wife and two kids who loved him. And he loved them more that anything.

Rest in peace my brother, I love you.

My landscape is now empty that you are gone...........

-Steve

Oh my god Steve. I'd heard he was sick, but I had no idea. This is truly terrible news. My heart sank when I saw the title of the thread.

He was a giant in this hobby and a first class guy all the way around.

I am very sad to hear of his passing. The hobby is much poorer for this loss. It really puts things in perspective

Jerry has just passed away.

Someone who has helped our hobby in more ways than I can even say. A real pioneer with a love of comic books and science fiction that would be hard to match.

He was a brother to me. I can't find the right words to say at this moment, except that my world, and our hobby, will be worse off for his passing.

He leaves behind a wife and two kids who loved him. And he loved them more that anything.

Rest in peace my brother, I love you.

My landscape is now empty that you are gone...........

-Steve

Oh my god Steve. I'd heard he was sick, but I had no idea. This is truly terrible news. My heart sank when I saw the title of the thread.

He was a giant in this hobby and a first class guy all the way around.

I am very sad to hear of his passing. The hobby is much poorer for this loss. It really puts things in perspective

Agreed. The man was certainly a pioneer, and his influence in this hobby runs deep. This is indeed sad news. :(