• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my fantastic four 10

13 posts in this topic

Hello I was pretty shocked when I saw the fantastic four 10 cgc 9.4 going for a little over $4,000 on Ebay. So I took a second look at my #10. I know it is not close to the 9.4 range but it is very clean. No tears, lays perfectly flat pages off-white . fan10.jpgfan10b.jpg Yes there are several printing creases on the book not tears. wink.gif

Well...

If it's worse than 7.5 I'll eat it. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifstooges.gif27_laughing.gif

I'd guess a 8.0 with an outside chance at 8.5.

They don't take off a lot for those production creases if anything at all.

edit:

It took so long to load I was able to do some scans for my auctions while waiting.

893frustrated.gif

I didn't see that ding along the bottom till rechecking the scan after my post and reduced my guess by one notch. blush.gif

*sigh*

Next year.

The evil mortgage will be paid off by the late Fall this year and funds will be freed up for more luxuries.

Thanks for the grades so far, I figured the book might grade about a 8.0-8.5 , but I am bias since I own the book. I might put up a couple more books to get a feel for my collection as a whole. Hopefully, I will start submitting books to be graded this year and I just want to determine what is worth submitting and what is not. I have always bought my books based on my own eye appeal and never really seriously sat down and graded my books. Most of my *nice* Fantastic Fours including this one were bought from a single owner collection in Flagstaff in the early 90's. Too bad I was in college at the time or I would have bought them all. As it is I lost 30 pounds that semester buying the books I could rather than food. Some Priorities huh?

tongue.gif

Who needs food. It's only going in a toilet shortly.

So far the books you show definitely look like CGC material. The only concern I have is that they look very creamy.

I myself don't buy Cream to Off-White Silver-Age books (but some board members do), but from the scans, it almost looks like the page qualtiy could get a flat out Cream only. I would think that would pull the resale value down a lot.

Page quality is ALMOST ALWAYS a factor when deciding what books to submit to CGC, especially for Silver-Age and more current books.