• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another Fantastic Four (#22) to grade please

16 posts in this topic

Here is a second Fantastic Four from my collection. I lies perfectly flat, pages are white to off-white, no hidden defects. The scans are large because I Know its hard to grade a scan This one I am guessing 9.0 possibly higher Thanks in advance.popcorn.giffan22.jpgfan22b.jpg

Give me some of that pop-corn! popcorn.gif

That one bigger crease on the spine will push it below 9.0 I believe. frown.gif

Wow! not much excitement over this particular issue. It's one of my favorite due to the vibrant colors on the cover. Maybe next I'll use smaller scans so everyone can enjoy the pictures I post in the future. Thanks ACES for your input on the book. wink.gif

somewhere in the 8.5 range. depending on surface wear and the like you could see an 8.0... a 9.0 is a bit generous given that one crease, but the truth is, I've seen much, much worse graded 9.0 or advertised by "major" dealers as 9.0s. actually, now that I look at it again, there seems to be multiple stresses along that spine so definitely not a 9.0.

Is that an edge tear on the right edge in the green banner?

I would give this book an 8.0. It's a beautiful 8.0 that I believe would present better than many 8.0s though. Those corners are stunning. It's the spine wear and back cover surface wear that pulls it out of VF/NM in my opinion.

Pretty much in the same boat with every one else on this..8.0/8.5....hopefuly the rest pf the book will make up for that one heavy stress and it will go 8.5...cause the corners are really nice... smile.gif

No it just scanner dirt that showed up on the pic. The gloss on the book is unbelievable and hold it off to the side shows no visible signs of handling.

Thanks for everyone's input on the book smirk.gif

Ah, I see. Well if that isn't a tear on the right edge, then I'm going to say 8.5. What a nice looking book!!! thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

No it just scanner dirt that showed up on the pic. The gloss on the book is unbelievable and hold it off to the side shows no visible signs of handling.

Thanks for everyone's input on the book smirk.gif

I'm in the 8.5 camp. From my experience, it is rare for CGC to top that grade with the two significant spine stresses on this book.

It's a really nice copy.