• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Egg's Undergrounds for the new year

180 posts in this topic

Thanks again.

Bargain of the night

Neurocomics, Timothy Leary, CGC 9.4 OW, with George DiCaprio (Leonardo's father).....................$39.

looks like an interesting cover :takeit:

it IS a very interesting book, 30 pgs co-written by leary and very psychedelic w/ text about astral projection, increasing intelligence, space migration & more. and the leary connection means that every once in a while, somebody will pay crazy money on ebay for one. i recall a 9.4 that went for over 150 & the HRP in the F( * )G is over 200. Nice pickup!

The first 12 issues (actually 10, 9/10 & 11/12 are double issues) of Yellow Dog are really early undergrounds with many of the great artists represented, Crumb, etc. In 1973, a 5th anniversary set was published. These 2nd prints are an inexpensive way to read up on those times. I have 3 unread uncirculated copies each of the following issues currently available, #4, #6, #7 & #11/12(Double Issue), #4, #6 & #7 are $8 each, #11/12 is $12 or special, all 4 for $24.

YellowDog72nd001.jpg

YellowDog62nd001.jpg

YellowDog42nd001.jpg

YellowDog11-122nd001.jpg

Thanks again.

Bargain of the night

Neurocomics, Timothy Leary, CGC 9.4 OW, with George DiCaprio (Leonardo's father).....................$39.

looks like an interesting cover :takeit:

it IS a very interesting book, 30 pgs co-written by leary and very psychedelic w/ text about astral projection, increasing intelligence, space migration & more. and the leary connection means that every once in a while, somebody will pay crazy money on ebay for one. i recall a 9.4 that went for over 150 & the HRP in the F( * )G is over 200. Nice pickup!

hey thanks, beer guy. mike here. i didn't know much about the book itself but i feel a personal connection with Dr. Leary on a medical level.

you've been picking up some pretty nice books yourself, wtg

One of my all time favorite Crumb covers, check out the Snoid in the gutter, thanks.

Black and White, CGC 9.6 OW/W, 1973, all Robert Crumb, one of my favorite covers, rarely offered in grades over NM, my price $149. Streaks in the book are from my crappy old scanner.

That is one beautiful cover :takeit:

Need a bigger box, it will be like Christmas in January when it gets there!

Cornfed #1 w/PS, Kim Deitch, my price $6.

:takeit:

I'm more of a Festivus For the Rest of Us kinda guy over here. But I still love opening them boxes.

Carload of Comics, Robert Crumb, this edition predated the mid 70's paperback compilation, was originally inserted into an issue of the adult magazine Cheri circa 12/75, this copy is F/VF, pretty typical grade, my price $18.

DSCF2158.jpg

A friend of mine found these Cherry posters in storage. I did not even know these existed. He says they are about 15 years old. I bought all he had (10). Most are NM, 1 is a little ragged on the edge but will easily flatten if put in a frame, 1 is more ragged than the other. $29 for a nice one, $19 for a little ragged and $10 for the more ragged one. Have to ship in a tube, actual shipping cost (postage & tube) will be added depending on how you want it mailed. 6 NM and the 2 ragged ones are left. Or, if available, corner the market and buy them all 8 for $125 shipped in the U.S.

DSCF2136.jpg

IMO, 9.6 Cherry's are a bargain right now. They are selling for a fraction of what the 9.8's go for and they ain't much different than the 9.8s. So if you want to build a certified Cherry set but don't want to spend a fortune.... here are a few books to consider.

Cherry #15 CGC 9.6 White, File Copy, my price $59.

Cherry15CGC96WhiteFileCopy001.jpg

:takeit: