• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xmen 1 cgc 9.4 sells for $57K on comiclink!!!!!!!!!!

193 posts in this topic

it appears he still has sour grapes and blames the ComicLink system itself

and not the fact that another buyer beat him to the book).

893blahblah.gif

THAT IS EXACTLY IT. HE BLAMES THE SYSTEM!! HOW COULD U FAULT HIM FOR THAT??

he has sour grapes because he was led to believe (due to the ComicLink system - YOUR system) that he succesfully purchased the book - and that belief was even furthered by TELEPHONE COMMUNICATION .

by your own admission, he was rightfully NOT sour because "another buyer beat him to the book".

it's time for COMICLINK TO REALIZE THAT IT'S CONFIRMATION OF PURCHASE SYSTEM IS INADEQUATE - RATHER THAN BLAME THE BUYER FOR BEING ANGRY AT HOW IT FAILED HIM.

893frustrated.gif

HOW IRRESPONSIBLE! COMICLINK.

893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

it's time for COMICLINK TO REALIZE THAT IT'S CONFIRMATION OF PURCHASE SYSTEM IS INADEQUATE - RATHER THAN BLAME THE BUYER FOR BEING ANGRY AT HOW IT FAILED HIM.

893frustrated.gif

Very well stated! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Also, Josh is overreacting to Hampel's comments...they're not slander (libel really) at all since he doesn't specifically say that Josh is perpetuating fraud, but that the possibility of perpetuating fraud exists because of the way the system works. And he's right, that possibility does exist and always will in closed, private purchasing systems. It's not libel to point out that the possibility of something exists.

Also, Josh is overreacting to Hampel's comments...they're not slander at all since he doesn't specifically say that Josh is perpetuating fraud, but that the possibility of perpetuating fraud exists because of the way the system works. And he's right, that possibility does exist and always will in closed, private purchasing systems. It's not slander to point out that the possibility of something exists.

fair point FF.

hey COMICLINK

do you not realize that the buyer wouldn't be upset about not winning the auction if COMICLINK hadn't led him to believe that he won??

foreheadslap.gif

foreheadslap.gif

and now u come to the boards and belittle his anger??

893frustrated.gif

what kind of self-righteous [@$#^#] do u think u are??

893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

893frustrated.gif

First of all, one way I can usually tell if a user is not a player in the comic book market, is if he or she curses on a public forum. I would actually like to know your name, as you have me at a disadvantage. I'd be interested to know if you've ever purchased anything of substance from the ComicLink web site - do you have a reason to be so abrasive? In any case, I believe it was previously explained in this forum by the user that a new employee at ComicLink indicated that once a confirmation order is received the book is won and thus erroneously indicated that the user did get the book when he did not. I think that is because the user told my employee that he received a confirmation order and my employee thought the user had received a final confirmation order for the book. This mislead the user into thinking that the book was his. My employee should have first researching the buy order history of the book. After researching the buy order history on the book, I learned that this user was not the first buyer to place an order for the book, and I was horrified and knew we'd have an unsatisfied customer on our hands. I spoke with the user to inform him of the confusion and apologized for the misunderstanding. I told him that if the buyer that placed the order first defaulted on payment, it would be his. Further, I asked him if there was anything else that I could provide him with now or find for him in place of that book. I gave him advance notice of another Amazing Fantasy 15 that was to be posted on the site and if he was interested, I would have given him the opportunity to purchase it directly off of the site. He was not interested, and it was not much of a consolation I know, but that was the only thing I could do. The only other thing I could do was to take the book out of the hands of the rightful buyer that placed the order first. That would be immoral, so I did not do that. Would any of you have handled it differently from me?

It was not a problem with the ComicLink system. The system did not confirm to the user that he was the buyer on record for the book. On the contrary, it generated an email to the user stating that a subsequent email would let him know whether that was the case or not. The only person to get the confirming email that the book was his, and requesting payment, was the first buyer to order the book. Employees make mistakes - an unfortunate (and sometimes costly) fact of life. I am sorry that it happened but I can't control what comes out of the mouth of others (as is obvious by the fact that I am on this forum on the defensive here smile.gif).

Why don't some more of the clients that actually like the service ComicLink provides, and know that I am personally credible and honest, give me some support here? Sheesh. It always seems like the most pissed off are the most vocal. Whether they are pissed off at the state of the comic book market or the state of their own lives is what I question. Do you know what they say about critics? They often are failures at the same line of work within which they like to criticize others. Find something more productive to do to better your own lives! Get into the positive, guys! Why waste time with the conspiracy theories and hateful comments? END OF RANT

All that said, I do encourage CONSTRUCTIVE criticism smile.gif. Learning from it is the best way to improve! That differs from slanderous or destructive criticism, gentlemen.

Well, I do have to give Josh credit. He could very easily have just gone ahead and sold the book to the 2nd bidder and ignored the 1st bidder (if the 1st bidder was not already notified of winning). No one would have been the wiser. Instead, he corrected the mistake and took his lumps. Very commendable 893applaud-thumb.gif

Now if only we could do better with the grades on the raw books (Avengers #47 9.4 comes to mind)... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

[!@#%^&^] Josh, that's just how some of us [!@#%^&^] talk. You [!@#%^&^] [!@#%^&^]. Thanks for selling me a [!@#%^&^] correctly graded All American you [!@#%^&^]. Your [!@#%^&^] customer service was pretty [!@#%^&^] good. Don't [!@#%^&^] hold [!@#%^&^] against [!@#%^&^] 14 of spades that he [!@#%^&^] swears on the [!@#%^&^] internet. [!@#%^&^].

smile.gif

(edit: some words made it through!)

Employees make mistakes - an unfortunate (and sometimes costly) fact of life. I am sorry that it happened but I can't control what comes out of the mouth of others (as is obvious by the fact that I am on this forum on the defensive here smile.gif).

Why don't some more of the clients that actually like the service ComicLink provides, and know that I am personally credible and honest, give me some support here?

I am a client and I like your service, so here's some constructive criticism--the reason your employee made the mistake and the reason your customer was ticked off is because your buy order response system is unclear. If a person isn't the first one to place a buy order on a book, the system should tell them. Ideally, it should tell them how many people have placed buy orders ahead of them.

As a web developer/programmer myself, I estimate that this shouldn't take your programmer more than an hour or two to implement if you were so inclined to ask him to do so. I could probably do it in 5 or 10 minutes if I was already familiar with the site's architecture.

wow - what a surprise - another post by Ian about HIS collection!! Who would have thunk it?

I can't win.

I get criticised for not posting in other people's threads, then when I do I get...........

Oh wait a minte........

It's Dam60

THAT explains it.

Hey Ian, it's all about the CONTENT 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I do feel sorry for you - never in my life have I met anyone as obsessive as you.

DAM

First of all, one way I can usually tell if a user is not a player in the comic book market, is if he or she curses on a public forum.

ahhh... the arrogance.

Sheesh. It always seems like the most pissed off are the most vocal. Whether they are pissed off at the state of the comic book market or the state of their own lives is what I question. Do you know what they say about critics? They often are failures at the same line of work within which they like to criticize others. Find something more productive to do to better your own lives! Get into the positive, guys! Why waste time with the conspiracy theories and hateful comments? END OF RANT

squeaky wheel gets the grease. criticism also forces improvement as well... conspiracy theorists will say that Comiclink wants us to all turn a blind eye. You sound like your lashing back, Josh, and trying to dig at others the same way you don't like being criticized yourself. very passive/aggressive.

and know that I am personally credible and honest,

Josh is credible and honest. I really don't see him ever doing anything sleazy. It just isn't him.