• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xmen 1 cgc 9.4 sells for $57K on comiclink!!!!!!!!!!

193 posts in this topic

okay Josh ask and you shall recieve. I've bought many hard to find books off of ComicLink and have always been happy. I've bought CGC books and when I bought a raw book it came back from CGC exactly what Josh said it would. I have also sold close to 10 books on ComicLink and Josh has handled the transfer of funds between buying and selling perfectly. You the man Josh acclaim.gif

Eric

Why don't some more of the clients that actually like the service ComicLink provides, and know that I am personally credible and honest, give me some support here?

I already did Josh.

Two days ago, on the 19th, Shadrock posted this up

So when do we get to hear about the Mean Folks at Comiclink that dared to turn down your bid for that Detective?Why rip Vincent and Joe for putting money over your sacred quest yet not a word about Josh and his mean little friends?

To which I immediately posted this reply...

Because I tell it as I see it, and Josh has done me no harm. Far from it.

He explained to me privately that he feels the Detective 5 is overpriced himself, but the guy who owns it won't budge.. That explains why the comic has stuck there for six months without selling. Nothing malicious or greedy here, the guy who owns it paid around seven and a bit thousand for it in the first place and won't sell it at a loss. It's the highest grade slabbed. That fact makes it uselss to me, as I'd only crack it anyway. In fine, graded 6.0, it lists at $2850, so I'd even go up to five grand for it, but not eight.

That's all.

I think Josh is nice.

And the fact that this Detective 5 is way overpriced is not his fault.

There you go Josh

Reproduced word for word.

If that's not sticking up for you, I don't know what is !!!!

Would any of you have handled it differently from me?

i would not have come to these boards and reported the user as having "sour grapes".

Do you know what they say about critics?

coming to these boards and describing a would-be buyer as having "sour grapes" doesn't make u a critic?

HOW IS THAT ACTION ANY BETTER THAN WHAT YOU ARE CONDEMNING??

makes me wonder the following about u:

Whether they are pissed off at the state of the comic book market or the state of their own lives is what I question.

i guess u weren't on the boards that morning when the user was updating the saga minute-by-minute and i could see how excited he was with the purchase - only to be very disappointed.

It was not a problem with the ComicLink system; it was a mistake made by a person.

ComicLink, the system, the device, the aura, whatever, allowed this type of error to happen. how can u separate employees from the company??

my name is santos if that makes any difference to u.

Ah, David. You are still upset about that book. Listen, if you asked me if ComicLink guarantees CGC grades prior to ordering the book, I would have told you that it does not. I would have also told you that our return policy, as written on the site, allows for the return of books not CGC Graded within a limited amount of time. I do double check every book that arrives here prior to sending it out to the buyer, and if I do not agree with the condition then I do not send the book out. The better job I do at this, the more repeat buyers ComicLink will have. However, in VERY RARE cases during periods of high volume, it is possible that I may miss something. Thought I do screen out misgraded books most of the time, I am not 100% perfect and that is what the return policy is for. If you don't agree with the grade, then you can send it back within the time period allotted.

The reason that I could not do anything for you regarding this book, though I wanted to, was because I could not set a precedent like that. The terms must be followed for that reason if you want a refund. Many books are sent out, and we don't remember every book. Terms such as a limited time return policy exist because if they did not, we would end up taking back books damaged some time after receipt and books different from those actually sold. It has to end somewhere. In addition, we need to pay sellers in a timely manner, and if the return policy is not limited to a specific amount of time then seller payments would be delayed and there would be less available for buyers to purchase as a result.

I gave him advance notice of another Amazing Fantasy 15 that was to be posted on the site and if he was interested, I would have given him the opportunity to purchase it directly off of the site.

Josh, I have three questions for you.

Question 1: Do you ever buy books directly from ComicLink for your personal collection (or perhaps to resell on ComicLink).

Question 2: If yes to question #1, do you ever "jump" the queue like the "advance notice of another Amazing Fantasy 15" you were quoted as providing to another buyer of ClientLink?

Question 3: Also, were you the first buyer of this particular AF 15 9.6 in question?

bhampel

um okay I'll bear with you but whats your question??? Your X-Men #5 will never sell for $57K and comics is a condition oriented hobby. If your comic is lower grade then don't bother having it slabbed (or appraised) and if it's high grade then send it in to CGC.

Eric

Also, Josh is overreacting to Hampel's comments...they're not slander (libel really) at all since he doesn't specifically say that Josh is perpetuating fraud, but that the possibility of perpetuating fraud exists because of the way the system works. And he's right, that possibility does exist and always will in closed, private purchasing systems. It's not libel to point out that the possibility of something exists.

So if I don't specifically say that Bhampel is a pedophile, but that the possibility of him being a pedophile exists because he has thus far kept his sex life private, that's ok?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ah Josh, if you can't guarantee the grade of your raw books (within reason), even during peak times, then it also stands to reason that buying raw books from you is a gamble at best. You are no different than most Ebay sellers in that regard, I guess. So you have a one week return policy - for graded books that's great, but for raw it's all subjective.

I suppose I just expected more from you than the standard excuses I received. Leaders in their fields of business do things like that. confused-smiley-013.gif

Josh...I don't know you from a bar of soap. I just recently purchased a book from you (finalised ist week of Feb 2004) and I have to tell you that your process sucks. After giving you credit card details I have never received confirmation that the deal has been finalised or that the book has been sent (although the money has gone through and the book has been removed from your site).

I still haven't received any book, I still don't know how it was sent or when it was sent. I used your service because of the kudos people on these boards have given you but right now I am not too enamoured about doing any more business.

well shroom, I know a lot of people have given props to Josh and Comiclink for finding the tough book, but there's a lot of people (yes Josh, heavy hitters too) who think Comiclink is a total disaster. However, saying josh is dishonest is quite another thing... and I don't think he's a scammer or anything like that. I find Josh to be pompous, and given the choice of pompous and dishonest, I'll take pompous.

I wouldn't, however, necessarily recommend him for a raw book. Too many stories of him not screening or selling raw books that are not accurately graded. For CGC books, most people have had positive experiences.

So if I don't specifically say that Bhampel is a pedophile, but that the possibility of him being a pedophile exists because he has thus far kept his sex life private, that's ok?

Totally in-bounds! Although I don't see a specific motive for Bhampel to BE a pedophile, though, whereas there is an easy-to-see motive for faking high-profile comic sales prices. But if you're in the habit of pointing out possibilities totally from the blue, I'd like to point out the distinct possibility that CGC Forum members get intense pleasure from inserting small rodents into their body cavities. cloud9.gif

I am a client and I like your service, so here's some constructive criticism--the reason your employee made the mistake and the reason your customer was ticked off is because your buy order response system is unclear. If a person isn't the first one to place a buy order on a book, the system should tell them. Ideally, it should tell them how many people have placed buy orders ahead of them.

As a web developer/programmer myself, I estimate that this shouldn't take your programmer more than an hour or two to implement if you were so inclined to ask him to do so. I could probably do it in 5 or 10 minutes if I was already familiar with the site's architecture.

Would anyone like to draw any possibilities about Josh getting specifically thoughtful constructive criticism as he requested which would please customers and eliminate the doubts that he "steals" good buys from his customers for himself--and then not responding to it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Would any of you have handled it differently from me?

seeing as our friend COMICLINK has not responded in a while - i'd like to just take one more moment to make a point.

it is clear from the above statement, as well as from the long post connected with the above statement, that COMICLINK HAS MISSED THE POINT .

look at my posts. I DO NOT CRITICIZE the way he "handled" the situation.

i criticize that he should come here and call the would-be-buyer names...

if Mr. COMICLINK is the model individual he suggests that he is - seeing as that he is apparently qualified to comment on the motives and securities of others, (quote: "They often are failures at the same line of work within which they like to criticize others."), then Mr. COMICLINK should come to the boards and APOLOGIZE for the NAME-CALLING of his WOULD-BE-BUYER.

if the would-be-buyer were to read COMICLINK's post, i'm sure his attitude towards COMICLINK would not be any warmer...

add COMICLINK to the list of self-righteous sellers.

boo.gif