• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2010 Nik Memorial Grading Contest *Round 11*

172 posts in this topic

I so look forward to these grading contests. I know some people put in a lot of work to make it happen..... but hey, its a labor of love. Anyways, I have no complaints...... I'm having fun !!

I just noticed a pattern with my submissions in this grading contest. I have a grand total of 18 points so far and 17 of those points have come in odd-numbered rounds. In the 5 even-numbered rounds I have a total of 1 point (-1,-1,-1,+5,-1). Sounds to me like I shouldn't even bother guessing during the even-numbered rounds. lol

As others have stated... I'm very curious to see the outcome of this one!

I just know it is going to either be higher or lower than my grade, depending on how CGC views this book. The problem with this book is that virtually no one would actually submit a copy like this, so we're kind of in the dark to how it would be evaluated. (shrug)

I just know it is going to either be higher or lower than my grade, depending on how CGC views this book. The problem with this book is that virtually no one would actually submit a copy like this, so we're kind of in the dark to how it would be evaluated. (shrug)

Actually, you see several copies submitted with distributor's ink on them.

I guess I may be way off in my grade on this book but why would you say no one would submit a copy like this? Probably best to wait on a response to my question until after the grade is posted.

I subbed my 'Tec #400 with distributor's ink on it. It came back a full numerical grade higher than what I expected it to. Comicopolis has it now, and I want it back.

But that is not what this book has, now does it? I don't want to break the rules but since you mentioned it first, that is "cover/color loss from distro ink" which is totally different (more like a tape pull). Part of the cover color has ripped off the front, while the back has a piece of cover from another book.

But that is not what this book has, now does it? I don't want to break the rules but since you mentioned it first, that is "cover/color loss from distro ink" which is totally different (more like a tape pull). Part of the cover color has ripped off the front, while the back has a piece of cover from another book.

Not necessarily. That's your idea of what the book has. It may or may not be the case.

Not necessarily. That's your idea of what the book has. It may or may not be the case.

Yeah, okay. :insane:

1.jpg

I subbed my 'Tec #400 with distributor's ink on it. It came back a full numerical grade higher than what I expected it to. Comicopolis has it now, and I want it back.

March over there and take it. :sumo:

I may just do that :sumo: