• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Green Hornet

45 posts in this topic

Did anyone see it tonight?

I'll admit I'm more optimistic about this one than I am about the next 3 or 4 Marvel movies.

Tell me if it's good or not. :popcorn:

Considering the number of theaters it's playing in...I'll bet it will be the "weekend hit". I suspect it will be a blaise affair but if you like cool gadgets 007 style this might be a good romp.

Rotten Tomatoes: 44%

Hey--it's got to be better than Season of the Witch with 4% vote. ROFLMAO

Poor Cage...

I just got back from seeing it -

I'm a huge Green Hornet fan and have supported in for month's... but to me the movie was... Okay. Not bad, not good, just okay. There's honestly not much to say about it. It is entertaining at times, but mostly it's very formulaic. The whole story and characters we've seen before... nothing new anywhere.

I was really hoping for a bit more 'coolness' but with Seth Rogen in it that's hard to accomplish. 6/10 rating from me.

I was hoping for better than "okay ." :cry:

I think they make something for that now. hm

DR.X

Yeah, but after you've had a heart attack, you can't take that stuff anymore. :cry:

I was hoping for better than "okay ." :cry:

I think they make something for that now. hm

DR.X

Yeah, but after you've had a heart attack, you can't take that stuff anymore. :cry:

:sorry:

DR.X

Is this one you can enjoy if you know nothing about it ?.. The only thing I remember about this thing is that it was in a Bruce lee movie lol Will non comic fans be able to enjoy it as well as simply action movie ?

(shrug)

Is this one you can enjoy if you know nothing about it ?.. The only thing I remember about this thing is that it was in a Bruce lee movie lol Will non comic fans be able to enjoy it as well as simply action movie ?

(shrug)

Sure - it's very easy to understand and it is at times quite enjoyable. The plot is very standard comic book fare. A reluctant hero becomes a costumed vigilante yadda yaddaa... Like Kick- but not as cool.

Kato is very good and does indeed steal the movie. Unlike what someone else said in the thread about the 3-D, I thought it was useless for this movie and not needed in any way. I'd still recommend seeing it, but save your money on the 3-D IMO

In an attempt to be humorous they've completely eliminated their opinion of the movie from being taken seriously. Way to go.

In complete retaliation let me give my review of The Black Swan...

It was such a piece of mess that there is actually a smell of mess in the theater while the movie plays.

When you leave, you will have a mess taste in your mouth that lingers for a few hours.

So, the movie is not only a piece of mess, but it has an aftertaste.