• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First look at X-men : First Class Movie PICTURE OF CAST!

134 posts in this topic

I thought Ian McKellen was the worst part of the X movies.. (shrug)

Ian McKellen could play Wolverine and still rock the role.

Ian McKellen could play Wolverine and still rock the role.

:screwy: Penalty. Exaggeration. Will be enforced on the ensuing kickoff.

Am I the only one that actually liked X-Men 3? :shy:

No - I liked it as well (thumbs u

I liked it too :cool:

I was seriously looking forward to this film till I saw this pic now I just feel it looks stupid. I agree with you guys about Havok and some of the character choices are awful. :screwy: and the casting, although I will reserve judgment to when I see it, is just as bad

You need to quit the pipe.

+1

Methinks that might have been a drive-by mooning.

It was completely unexpected and was just a generic "frock you."

Not quite sure what to think of this movie...

But did I miss something? How hard is it to make a movie based on x-men #1 from the 60's? I mean the story sounds pretty good to me. Professor finds a bunch of teenagers with different abilites and teaches them to use those powers for good against the crazy magneto. Whats hard about that?

I'll still go watch this movie but i'm not sure how good it will be since it is not based on any comics and doesn't really contain any of the characters we think of when the think about the x-men.

I'll admit it, i actually liked X3 :blush:

I'm such a fanboy, i would probably like ANY piece of garbage they put out as long as it has X-men in it.

Like another poster said, Magneto is AWESOME in all the movies. Ian McKellen is so badass at that role it's mindblowing (thumbs u

Please do not take offense, but it is your second sentence which is very telling and I have to assume the mindset of most comic fans unfortunately.

As far as Ian McKellen playing Magneto...I'll just say it's very hard to be intimidated by someone old enough to be my grandfather. I never realized Magneto was that old (shrug)

I'm such a fanboy, i would probably like ANY piece of garbage they put out as long as it has X-men in it.

Like another poster said, Magneto is AWESOME in all the movies. Ian McKellen is so badass at that role it's mindblowing (thumbs u

Please do not take offense, but it is your second sentence which is very telling and I have to assume the mindset of most comic fans unfortunately.

As far as Ian McKellen playing Magneto...I'll just say it's very hard to be intimidated by someone old enough to be my grandfather. I never realized Magneto was that old (shrug)

They never talk about it, but Logan is 74-years-old.

No offense taken. I've been a fan of X-men for so long, i'll like pretty much anything they put out with X-men. Hey, at least they were better than those ridiculous FF movies imo.

I look at it the same as the LOTR movies. I dont see how anyone who hasnt read the books 20 times sat thru those freaking things much less enjoyed them. Me? I waited so long for a LOTR movie that even that garbage was awesome in my eyes (shrug)

No offense taken. I've been a fan of X-men for so long, i'll like pretty much anything they put out with X-men. Hey, at least they were better than those ridiculous FF movies imo.

I look at it the same as the LOTR movies. I dont see how anyone who hasnt read the books 20 times sat thru those freaking things much less enjoyed them. Me? I waited so long for a LOTR movie that even that garbage was awesome in my eyes (shrug)

You obviously need to watch the director's cuts on the LOTR movies. It's like watching them for the first time and they're actually good. :luhv:

It's been established that Wolverine is much older than he looks for a long time, but the keyword is looks. In the movie, Magneto looks much older than he is :) Personally, I think Rutger Hauer would've been perfect for that role as opposed to some frail old dude.

x-men-first-class-570x209.jpg

I can't see the girls clearly enough to have an opinion worth sharing.

I like the 2nd girl. :luhv:

She was in 'get him to the greek,' and the asperger neighbor movie.

2jdqqyp.jpg

Considering her costume, I thought she was going to be Polaris.

As for the male side... other than prof x and maybe magneto., not too great, IMO.

And why does the young beast already have the transformation? (shrug)

Was he a shag rug before x-men 1? I assume this is before they found cyclops...

When I first heard what the name of this movie was going to be I was pretty excited because I figured "First Class" would obviously be the original group from #1. Seeing this picture is less than satisfying but I guess if they have enough special effects to help out the characters I have never heard of it will probably still make a few hundred million.

I also liked X3 and Wolverine too. :)

If it's not broke, then break it (Hollywood motto)

Not too sure about this (pre)sequel. I hope it doesn't kill the movie franchise. I liked X-3 too. There's no reason they couldn't have made this into a 10+ run like the Star Trek movies. They have the fan-base to do it too.

It's been established that Wolverine is much older than he looks for a long time, but the keyword is looks. In the movie, Magneto looks much older than he is :) Personally, I think Rutger Hauer would've been perfect for that role as opposed to some frail old dude.

You do realize that Rutger Hauer is only 4 1/2 years younger than Ian McKellan, right?

If it's not broke, then break it (Hollywood motto)

Not too sure about this (pre)sequel. I hope it doesn't kill the movie franchise. I liked X-3 too. There's no reason they couldn't have made this into a 10+ run like the Star Trek movies. They have the fan-base to do it too.

They're doing the exact same thing that Star Trek did, just a bit sooner. Bring in a younger, less known, less expensive group of actors and start over. Star Trek did 6 films with the classic cast, then brought in the NG cast, and now an even younger cast. Same thing is happening with X-Men and Spider-Man.