• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

January Comiclink auction

138 posts in this topic

Clink will combine shipping almost any way you want. You just need to communicate with them (not always an easy thing to do). Best is to call them on the phone.

I've only put a few things up for sale but summarily reject bids that I think are from crack addicts.

Just because I take them out is no reason to reject my bids. :kidaround:

:signfunny:

Paying off another big book right now so just settled on a couple of nice low-graders at decent prices...I'll crack these out and put them in my raw sets...needed to replace the TOS 19 to keep my 1-38 set complete...the 7.5 went for $330 I think which was strong...it was definitely a nice one!

RAD37C9720101229_12555.jpg

Heard the original title for this one was "Bedazzled BY Broccoli Wockoli!!" :insane:

Always loved this cover. :cloud9:

There's literally 10 books i've bid on and no one else did so my $100 bid didnt hit the reserve and it ended. Like you said, if you want $200, $300 whatever, have the start price at least CLOSE to that so if only 1 person bids, they can at least frigging get it.

Complete waste of time!

I hear you!

I bid on about 4-5 books in the Ped auction too. SA X-books, of course. The reserves were too high and so they didn't sell. :mad:

Paying off another big book right now so just settled on a couple of nice low-graders at decent prices...I'll crack these out and put them in my raw sets...needed to replace the TOS 19 to keep my 1-38 set complete...the 7.5 went for $330 I think which was strong...it was definitely a nice one!

RAD37C9720101229_12555.jpg

Heard the original title for this one was "Bedazzled BY Broccoli Wockoli!!" :insane:

Always loved this cover. :cloud9:

:cloud9:

Two sleepers for me

st115.jpg

st110.jpg

And one to make me happy with white pages :cloud9:

gl76.jpg

And your accumulating all the cool issues. :applause: I say go for a SC4 in 5.0+.

I just cant find any. I keep asking everybody. I didn't take the 4.5 on comiclink because I was worried about the glue. That's really what I want now

I just got about 10 messages from Doug at pedigree on all the auctions that i bid on and the reserve didnt hit. They were all messages saying basically "you were the high bidder on this books and the consignor will now sell it for XXX, let me know ASAP".

Almost ALL of them have imo ridiculously high asking prices. Some are literally 300-400% higher than the HIGHEST GPA sale ever!!! (shrug)

I was thinking of making a counteroffer but i'm pretty sure its a waste of time.

One of the books that i REALLY wanted, last GPA was $227 and the 12 month average was $205. I bid $300 because i REALLY wanted it and didnt hit the reserve.

Take a guess what the BIN price they sent me was???

$475!!! :eek:

I mean thats just CRAZY!!! This isnt some insane hot book either. It's a regular BA Marvel book in HG but nothing special for sure. This book has been steadily dropping in price for the last 2-3 years!

To be asking WAY over double the last GPA sale and almost 2 1/2 times the 12 month average is psychotic!

Tell him your high bid was GPA or over and that is as high as you can go. If he sells then fine otherwise silver and bronze age Marvels are easy to come by, Wait on the next one. There are too many books in the ocean to overpay for anything other than a grail book.

Two sleepers for me

st115.jpg

st110.jpg

And one to make me happy with white pages :cloud9:

gl76.jpg

And your accumulating all the cool issues. :applause: I say go for a SC4 in 5.0+.

I just cant find any. I keep asking everybody. I didn't take the 4.5 on comiclink because I was worried about the glue. That's really what I want now

I'm sure if the price is right more will come out of the wood works. (thumbs u

Two sleepers for me

I'm sure if the price is right more will come out of the wood works. (thumbs u

I will give a good price, but still no offer. :sorry:

I was thinking of making a counteroffer but i'm pretty sure its a waste of time.

One of the books that i REALLY wanted, last GPA was $227 and the 12 month average was $205. I bid $300 because i REALLY wanted it and didnt hit the reserve.

I mean thats just CRAZY!!! This isnt some insane hot book either. It's a regular BA Marvel book in HG but nothing special for sure. This book has been steadily dropping in price for the last 2-3 years!

To be asking WAY over double the last GPA sale and almost 2 1/2 times the 12 month average is psychotic!

I find it frustrating to see books priced at over twice GPA. You see a lot of that with BA books, I think because prices have dropped but people are unwilling to accept the new price levels. Offering half of the asking price feels like "low-balling" even though the price is actually fair.

I suspect that one or two sellers had high reserves on their books in the Pedigree auction, with unrealistic expectations on prices. Obviously, your bid of $300 was more than fair and there's no reason in the world for you to offer more than that. Of course, I don't know what specific issue you're looking at but generally the census shows a fairly good population of HG BA Marvels. If you counter with a fair price and are turned down, someone is bound to eventually offer the same book at the right price sometime.

Remember, the fun is in the hunt.

Be patient and wait for a copy you`re happy with. It will happen.

I just got about 10 messages from Doug at pedigree on all the auctions that i bid on and the reserve didnt hit. They were all messages saying basically "you were the high bidder on this books and the consignor will now sell it for XXX, let me know ASAP".

Almost ALL of them have imo ridiculously high asking prices. Some are literally 300-400% higher than the HIGHEST GPA sale ever!!! (shrug)

I think this was the plan all along. It was basically intended to function as a fixed price listing, but if someone actually bit at the insane reserve, great.

I find it frustrating to see books priced at over twice GPA. You see a lot of that with BA books, I think because prices have dropped but people are unwilling to accept the new price levels. Offering half of the asking price feels like "low-balling" even though the price is actually fair.

I suspect that one or two sellers had high reserves on their books in the Pedigree auction, with unrealistic expectations on prices. Obviously, your bid of $300 was more than fair and there's no reason in the world for you to offer more than that. Of course, I don't know what specific issue you're looking at but generally the census shows a fairly good population of HG BA Marvels. If you counter with a fair price and are turned down, someone is bound to eventually offer the same book at the right price sometime.

Remember, the fun is in the hunt.

(thumbs u

I agree 100%. No way am i offering more! Even the $300 bid was MORE than generous given recent prices. Clearly, alot of these books were bought at their peak in 07-08 and the sellers dont want to accept that the price has dropped. Thats fine but imo, puting them in an auction with an insane reserve like that is ridiculous and a waste of time. Put them on eBay with a BIN or the Clink marketplace if you double current GPA.

I get that people dont want to get half what they paid a few years ago but auctioning them at those prices just wastes everyones time. I got a bunch of Avengers dirt cheap because they are dead compared to 2 years ago. My run needs a lot of work and i spent more than i wanted because books were just going so damn cheap.

I got the Avenger 47 9.8 ow/w for $600 in the Clink auction. The 2009 average was over $1500 and the lowest recorded GPA sale EVER was $797! I got 4 other Avengers between 68-104 for either the lowest or second lowest GPA sale EVER. With deals like that around, why the hell would i ever pay double or more GPA??? (shrug)

The $475 book i'm talking about was a Avengers. The $300 bid i put in was likely the best that buyer will see for a LONG time. He should have took it and ran instead of having them send me an email asking for another $175! CRAZY! rantrant

I should be a smart and send them a email back offering $200! :devil: