• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic cons & raw comics

61 posts in this topic

So how do you guys transport raw comics at conventions ?.. I have one coming up & always find this to be a pain! Specially if its a comic that I think maybe a high grade & I want to take it to get graded ...

Get 3 or 4 Priority mail boxes and put them together.

Cut the top flaps off.

Put them into a backpack so they can be carried upright.

As you buy books just put them into the Priority boxes. It takes very good care of them and is convenient to carry around.

I use a laptop bag to carry comics to and from cons. They're built to protect computers, so they have built in cushioning and compartments for other things. You need to look at various models to find one that meets your needs, as construction and protection vary, but they're easy to transport and will protect (within reason) raw books and slabs

I've also seen people bring rolling luggage to cons. While it does keep you from having to carry the books, I would imagine it would be a pain to wag that thing around behind you all weekend.

...not to mention you look like king-nerd doing it. hm

I've also seen people bring rolling luggage to cons. While it does keep you from having to carry the books, I would imagine it would be a pain to wag that thing around behind you all weekend.

As opposed to the vast crowds of uber-studs walking around comic cons??? lol

As opposed to the vast crowds of uber-studs walking around comic cons??? lol

No. But when you're in a room full of the nerdiest nerds on the planet, and they all stand around looking at *you* and say "look at that nerd," it's time for a reality check.