• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Double Cover's Appreciation!!!

103 posts in this topic

Being the humanitarian that he is,Conan is poised to smack the dog silly with the butt of the sword.

I just picked up a Gold Key Phantom 19,both covers are pretty much the same, a generous Fine at best.

What's more amazing to me is the notation on the label. "Punisher's 3rd appearance". ??????????

I've owned Pep Comics #23 and Jackpot #4, which are the 2nd and 3rd appearance of Archie (respectively) and I have yet to see such a notation on a CGC label.

Are you telling me that the Punisher is more popular than the 63 years of Archie combined? If you say yes you're wrong. Who cares if something is the 3rd appearance of the Punisher anyway?

Are you telling me that the Punisher is more popular than the 63 years of Archie combined? If you say yes you're wrong. Who cares if something is the 3rd appearance of the Punisher anyway?

When's the Archie movie coming out ?

confused-smiley-013.gif

What's more amazing to me is the notation on the label. "Punisher's 3rd appearance". ??????????

I've owned Pep Comics #23 and Jackpot #4, which are the 2nd and 3rd appearance of Archie (respectively) and I have yet to see such a notation on a CGC label.

Easy now, dont be hating 893naughty-thumb.gif, didnt the Punisher kill Archie in a comic book a while ago 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Are you telling me that the Punisher is more popular than the 63 years of Archie combined? If you say yes you're wrong.

Um, no? confused-smiley-013.gif

classic "golden-age' thinking smirk.gif last I checked, Archie currently has a Sat morning cartoon that is a hybrid of funnies and horror and a sad knockoff/ripoff of "Scooby Doo and friends"- type plots. Punisher = Marvel = superior 27_laughing.gif = much larger fan base who care enough how a movie will do and marketable enough to draw in new fans/speculators

Even the Dolph Lundgren Punisher movie still has some nostalgic value for me... 27_laughing.gif.

The olny way I'd be more interested in an Archie movie is if was a Skinemax special late Friday night and Archie somehow talked Betty and Veronica into making an Jugghead sandwich, while he would be busy trying to "spread the mustard"...

One of my favorite books in my inventory is a Mile High Captain Marvel Junior #29 Double Cover! The first cover is 9.8 and the second cover is 9.9 (grade on label is 9.9). Not only is this the highest graded golden age comic, it is also a double cover and on top of that it is a Mile High. I have turned down many many multiples of guide several times and am no rush to sell it-simply put it is stunning. I will try to get a scan of it up soon.

Thanks,

Vincent

The olny way I'd be more interested in an Archie movie is if was a Skinemax special late Friday night and Archie somehow talked Betty and Veronica into making an Jugghead sandwich, while he would be busy trying to "spread the mustard"...

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I'd be looking for back issues if that happened. insane.gif

I'd be looking for back issues if that happened. insane.gif

I'd be frightened. I mean after seeing that Archie issue where he had to "beat off" 3 guys I'm not so sure that's the kind of movie I'd like to watch...

Their notations don't seem to follow any kind of rhyme or reason... I wouldn't read too much into it wink.gif

Are you telling me that the Punisher is more popular than the 63 years of Archie combined? If you say yes you're wrong.

Um, no? confused-smiley-013.gif

classic "golden-age' thinking smirk.gif last I checked, Archie currently has a Sat morning cartoon that is a hybrid of funnies and horror and a sad knockoff/ripoff of "Scooby Doo and friends"- type plots. Punisher = Marvel = superior 27_laughing.gif = much larger fan base who care enough how a movie will do and marketable enough to draw in new fans/speculators

Even the Dolph Lundgren Punisher movie still has some nostalgic value for me... 27_laughing.gif.

Classic modern age thinking. You're missing the point clearly - those notations are for historical references. The bottom line is this - which character has had more of an effect on comics period - the Punisher, or Archie? One has only been around from the (boring) 1970's, and the other was the basis of a company that has been in business since 1939. Perhaps you haven't seen Sabrina the Teenage Witch or Josie & the Pussycats either, eh? I guarantee you more people worldwide alive right now have heard of Archie, Betty and Jughead than the Punisher. You're avoiding the question by labeling me as a golden age elitist - why have "Punisher's 3rd appearance" when they don't even list the first 3 Archie appearances? makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif